LibreLink with iOS 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal422

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
With iOS 16 just released has anyone tried updating to it and can confirm whether Librelink still works? I’m a bit hesitant to update the iPhone as I really don’t want to lose Librelink! I read some mixed results with people updating to a beta release of iOS 16 and reporting the Librelink app crashing on launch.

I'm using an iPhone 12 pro max that I have updated to ios16 I can confirm the app works on this model. I had to restart the device and then do a couple of scans at first I thought it had stopped working but i rescanned after about 3minutes and it working fine.

Hi @ChrisP72 and thank you for your update. When you said restart the device I assume you mean the iPhone?

I’m on a XS Max but would hope it will be ok on this device too. I might wait though until I have to change the Libre sensor and start the new one on the updated phone.

I’ve seen someone on the FB group saying they had updated without issues. I guess it will depend on exactly which phone you have and if there are edge cases which are problematic?

I’ve seen someone on the FB group saying they had updated without issues. I guess it will depend on exactly which phone you have and if there are edge cases which are problematic?
Thanks Mike, from what I’ve found the issues were with beta releases of iOS 16, so hopefully the official release will be ok with Librelink. I‘ve got a busy week next week and need everything definitely working ok, so I’m going to delay upgrading until the following week. In just a month and a half I have become dependent on what data I can now see and definitely don’t want to lose it!

Mind you, from my early days in IT there was a rule to never use version 0 of software, better to wait until version 1 that fixes any initial bugs!

I’ll post back on this thread when I do the upgrade so that others will know (hoping it will be ok that is!)

First time Uk user of LibreLink. Installed Libralink with previous version of IOS a few days ago. I have since upgraded to IOS 16. Today: 17 Sep 2022, I’m using the app with my first sensor Libre2. Everything works Ok. I did reach out to freestyle support first. They said there might be an issue with text to speech, but I don’t use that, so cannot comment.

Thanks @Pete22 and @Nigel R - sounds like we will be ok! Phew! I did ask Abbott but not had a response yet. I’ll do my update next week as I’m only on mobile data this week!

Worked fine for me, I have turned off the auto update function as it did it one night and as my phone had restarted the blue tooth connection had gone or if needed unlocking first and I had a rotten hypo as I was asleep for hours not risking that again

Thanks @PhoebeC - much appreciated! I just get sceptical with software updates these days, so good to know it is ok!

Great news! I’m now on iOS 16.0.2 and can confirm the Librelink app is working ok 🙂

Hi new here. Updated my phone to iOS16 a couple of weeks ago and haven't been getting high/low alarms via the App since. That's on 2 different sensors too. Anyone else had these issues?

@DbdSweeney - I’m now on iOS 16 and get my alarms (low and signal loss) ok. I have set up the Sleep focus and schedule but made sure that the Librelink app is listed as being allowed to show notifications even if Sleep Focus is on. Sure enough I get notifications from Librelink even when Sleep Focus is on so it looks like everything is working ok.

Thanks @Eternal422. Notifications are definitely enabled. I called the Abbott support line when it first stopped working and they talked me through all the various settings to try and sent me a replacement sensor just in case that was the issue. Changed to the new one this morning and still no alarms. Good thing my levels have been behaving well otherwise it'd be far more annoying.

Thanks @Eternal422. Notifications are definitely enabled. I called the Abbott support line when it first stopped working and they talked me through all the various settings to try and sent me a replacement sensor just in case that was the issue. Changed to the new one this morning and still no alarms. Good thing my levels have been behaving well otherwise it'd be far more annoying.
How annoying! I presume you’re not showing signal loss? I guess if all else fails it’s the “secret” IT trick of switching the phone off and back on again?:D

With iOS 16 just released has anyone tried updating to it and can confirm whether Librelink still works? I’m a bit hesitant to update the iPhone as I really don’t want to lose Librelink! I read some mixed results with people updating to a beta release of iOS 16 and reporting the Librelink app crashing on launch.
Hi, ever since I have updated iOS 16 my Libre 2 vocal readings and alarms have stopped working. I have rung Freestyle LibreLink and have been told that they know nothing about the problem. This is extremely stressful as Apple cannot revert back to iOS 15.7.

I’ve asked for a manager from Abbott to talk to me on Monday but I’m concerned at the lack of failure to resolve this problem as it has a huge impact on our lives.

Has anyone had any luck knowing when this issue will be resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back