Libre Sensors - Try again in 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the message a couple of times since Friday, but I have just started using the Libre 2. Both occasions not long after having a bath.

Has anyone else been getting a discrepancy between what the log records and what the graph shows on their Libre 1? Mine frequently does it for example lunchtime today the graph showed c.8.5 yet it recorded 10.2

I have noticed a difference in the view in the log immediately after taking the reading. To what it looks like if you go into last 24 hours.

Has anyone else been getting a discrepancy between what the log records and what the graph shows on their Libre 1? Mine frequently does it for example lunchtime today the graph showed c.8.5 yet it recorded 10.2
I have noticed a difference in the view in the log immediately after taking the reading. To what it looks like if you go into last 24 hours.
So have I. I think it’s to do with the algorithm that’s meant to narrow the gap between the interstitial reading which is 15 minutes behind a blood reading. It tries to work out where it thinks you’ll be in say ten minutes, but sometimes it’s wrong for the spot readings, but the continuous readings carry on in the background and give a truer reflection.

So have I. I think it’s to do with the algorithm that’s meant to narrow the gap between the interstitial reading which is 15 minutes behind a blood reading. It tries to work out where it thinks you’ll be in say ten minutes, but sometimes it’s wrong for the spot readings, but the continuous readings carry on in the background and give a truer reflection.
I’m pretty sure it’s exactly that. I only seem to get those outliers where my BG has been moving and/or changing direction quite rapidly.

I didn't want to start a new thread as its Libre sensor related so thought I'd ask on here. Do any of you guys get intermittent problems with your libre sensor actually working. Its been happening to me more lately. I'll test and it takes the reading. Then I go to test 10 mins later and it says error and can't take a reading. I leave it a few minutes and hey ho it works again. Its quite frustrating.

Also where do you apply your sensors? I don't have much loose flesh but apply mine about half way up on my upper arm between my elbow and shoulder joint round towards the back side of my arm. Not sure if this is the best place but it is the most fleshy part of my arm.
Just read this! My Libre has started doing this too! It also stops working when I have been on a walk and it’s very cold! I stick mine in a similar place to you!

Just read this! My Libre has started doing this too! It also stops working when I have been on a walk and it’s very col

Never had that issue, then use phone not reader. Before libre bg meter was notorious for not working in cold weather, use to stick it under arm to warm up.

The only time my libre 2 goes a bit wild is when i have a shower which is ether the water or the hot temperature suddenly shuts up but ony last for about 15-20 mins i just ignore it

Never had that issue, then use phone not reader. Before libre bg meter was notorious for not working in cold weather, use to stick it under arm to warm up.
Think I need to update my phone so I can use it instead of the reader!!

I started my second Libre 2 last night started with reader and phone no problem a little while later I tried to scan and got the wait 10 mins message on both this lasted for another 20 mins before would scan.

Sorry to hear that @grovesy.

Hope the new sensor settles down for you. I’ve not had many ‘10 minutes’ on either of the Libre2s I have worn, and only where my BG rapidly changed direction and the sensor got a bit freaked out!

Sorry to hear that @grovesy.

Hope the new sensor settles down for you. I’ve not had many ‘10 minutes’ on either of the Libre2s I have worn, and only where my BG rapidly changed direction and the sensor got a bit freaked out!
It did it happened with both I have had so far and within the first hour of starting, the new sensor. This second one is not where I would have normally placed. I would have 1) put on my other arm, but had vaccine the day before and arm tender, 2) I placed near the previous one but just far enough away not to get confused. I had applied the first one 24 hours before activation and 12 hours for the second.

I getting every 10 mins try again first sensor I treid.phoned CS phone back in two hours not good.How about them phoning you back as there sylem down.

Anecdotally (not tried it myself), Libre 2 seems to need more "bedding in" time than Libre 1.
I usually apply my next Libre 1 24 to 48 hours before activation but know this is longer than most.
I have heard Libre 2 needs at least 24 hours.

Now coming up not working replace the sensor and they still having technical issues with the IT system.Well put a second one on works fine.phoned this morning got a replacement being sent.

Last edited:
I had to change another Libre 1 sensor after only 5 days due to constant abnormally low results. I'm genuinely not sure how this has happened, but again when I removed the sensor in question, the 'needle' was bent at a 90-degree angle. I can't be sure if this is a defective sensor or due to other reasons such as pressure applied to the arm whilst sleeping.

Even when sensors are working, I can have shooting pains from the needle depending on certain positions I move my arm to. Has anyone had similar experiences to this as well? I'm not sure whether to contact Abbott again as well about this for a possible sensor replacement.

I had to change another Libre 1 sensor after only 5 days due to constant abnormally low results. I'm genuinely not sure how this has happened, but again when I removed the sensor in question, the 'needle' was bent at a 90-degree angle. I can't be sure if this is a defective sensor or due to other reasons such as pressure applied to the arm whilst sleeping.

Even when sensors are working, I can have shooting pains from the needle depending on certain positions I move my arm to. Has anyone had similar experiences to this as well? I'm not sure whether to contact Abbott again as well about this for a possible sensor replacement.
I had one that read consistently low, which Abbott replaced, and their comment was that 'the needle probably got kinked on entry'so its obviously a thing they are aware of. Ive never had shooting pains from my sensor but occasionally I'll feel the filament digging in a bit if I move a certain way, especially in the first couple of days.

I had one that read consistently low, which Abbott replaced, and their comment was that 'the needle probably got kinked on entry'so its obviously a thing they are aware of. Ive never had shooting pains from my sensor but occasionally I'll feel the filament digging in a bit if I move a certain way, especially in the first couple of days.
I've tried a number of slightly different positions on my arm, but all seem to be much of a muchness. I think the way you've described it (about the filament digging in) is probably more accurate actually. Certain movements will cause sharper pains than others. I still need to try placing the senor in more of the anterior chest area rather than the back/side of my arm to see if this has any difference in accuracy or longevity.

Would it still be worth reporting this issue to Abbott and try to get a replacement sensor @Robin? I'm concerned if this keeps happening then I may be without a sensor for an extended time, as I can only order 2 on my prescription each month.

Definitely ring Abbots and they will replace it. I had to ring last week as mine came unstuck, they asked if I wanted a Libre 1 or 2 so I said 2 as my future prescriptions are for 2s. I have had increasing issues with Libre 1 since they changed the App. Good luck

@danielmg regarding positioning of the sensors I apply mine to my ‘bingo wings’ they are then slightly out of the way and it’s pain/discomfort free applying them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back