Libre 2 alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicola12

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I have only been using Libre 2 via the app on my android phone for just over a week now but basically I'm not receiving alarms as I should (only a few so far, and says alarms are not available most of the time despite being close to my phone). I spoke to Abbott last weekend and we went through checking the app set up etc, and they have now sent me a replacement sensor which I'm still to use, but I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue and has any advice please? Even straight after I scan, the app still says alarms unavailable.
Many thanks, Nicola

People have, but I'm not sure there has been any definite answers. In my case I got the alarms fine (it's just that the app complained incorrectly that they couldn't be sent). A number of people with iPhones have found they couldn't read sensors at all (so not the alarms particularly) because of some hardware fault (NFC not working for some reason).

People have, but I'm not sure there has been any definite answers. In my case I got the alarms fine (it's just that the app complained incorrectly that they couldn't be sent). A number of people with iPhones have found they couldn't read sensors at all (so not the alarms particularly) because of some hardware fault (NFC not working for some reason).
Thanks, also on the more techie side, I think that by having Bluetooth activated on my phone, it is now causing interference on all my phone calls made via wifi calling (I have mast issues where I live so use wifi), has anyone else come across this as well due to using Bluetooth for the app?

Just to check.... you're activating the sensor with your phone? If you do that with the reader then the phone alarms won't work.

I have exhausted all avenues so decided today to give up on Libre 2 - my phone says signal loss all the time, I even went to my EE shop today and they can't help either.

I have exhausted all avenues so decided today to give up on Libre 2 - my phone says signal loss all the time, I even went to my EE shop today and they can't help either.

There is a lot more to Libre than the alarms, so I wouldn't give up on the system just because you can't get the alarms to work, unless you have no hypo awareness and you can get a different CGM prescribed.... or privately fund.
I love the Libre system but have no real interest in the alarm feature.... I have never been a fan of alarms as they intrinsically activate erroneously more often than not. The data I get from the Libre though is invaluable in helping me to manage my diabetes well and make informed decisions on doses.

Are you leaving the app running in the background? It's quite common for people to 'Close all' on their apps which stops the LibreLink talking to the sensor

Yes I am, I've already checked this thanks. Still no alarms today. I need the alarms for night time hypos (I live on my own).

Yes I am, I've already checked this thanks. Still no alarms today. I need the alarms for night time hypos (I live on my own).
Have you seen this graphic? It shows the other three systems that should (soon) be available from the NHS - the ones in green.

1661549252021.png

Last resort try disabling app then download it again, might work might not but worth trying.

Like yourself find alarms so useful so can see that it would be annoying when they don't work.

Yes I've done all the basic troubleshooting (including disabling the app). I did get alarms the first day I changed to my replacement sensor Abbott sent, but nothing since, which makes me think it's not an app/phone issue, but I've never had issues with (Libre 1) sensors before. Abbott haven't been brilliant, their English isn't great, and they only follow a standard troubleshooting script/procedure when I speak to them. I've suggested they send me a reader to try (they didn't suggest it!). I've also contacted my mobile provider who tried to help but not really any further forward.

Hello, I have only been using Libre 2 via the app on my android phone for just over a week now but basically I'm not receiving alarms as I should (only a few so far, and says alarms are not available most of the time despite being close to my phone). I spoke to Abbott last weekend and we went through checking the app set up etc, and they have now sent me a replacement sensor which I'm still to use, but I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue and has any advice please? Even straight after I scan, the app still says alarms unavailable.
Many thanks, Nicola

It can take several scans then hitting 'ok' before the software accepts it.

Whats the make/model and android version of the phone?

I've just scanned/hit ok 7 times but no change.
I have a Huawei P Smart 2018 (FIG-LX1, OS Version 9).

I've just scanned/hit ok 7 times but no change.
I have a Huawei P Smart 2018 (FIG-LX1, OS Version 9).

In smartphone terms, that's old. Also in OS terms. I'm using 11 with a phone that was bought at the end of last year. Personally, I'd not expect libre2 software to work "well" with such an old device and OS. Can you borrow someone elses more recent phone for testing purposes?

When I was put on the libre2 I was asked if my phone was "recent".

Thanks, also on the more techie side, I think that by having Bluetooth activated on my phone, it is now causing interference on all my phone calls made via wifi calling (I have mast issues where I live so use wifi), has anyone else come across this as well due to using Bluetooth for the app?
I had problems with Bluetooth and Wifi on a new Samsung A53 (both wouldn't work together). Returned the phone a bought a Google Pixel.

I had problems with Bluetooth and Wifi on a new Samsung A53 (both wouldn't work together). Returned the phone a bought a Google Pixel.
What was the android version, do you remember? Bluetooth v 5.0 here on 2.4Ghz band WiFi. Not noticed different with 5Ghz or 4G.

Last edited:
I had similar problems with alarms not available. In the end I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. I lost the rolling 90 day info but alarms have worked with no issues since. The info is still available on Libreview.

If your phone isn’t happy and able to work reliably with the sensors, and you aren’t keen on upgrading it - would getting a Libre reader be a good option? That way you’d have a fallback way of scanning sensors as and when you do upgrade your phone in the future. You can buy one for about £50 I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back