Libre 2 alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your phone isn’t happy and able to work reliably with the sensors, and you aren’t keen on upgrading it - would getting a Libre reader be a good option? That way you’d have a fallback way of scanning sensors as and when you do upgrade your phone in the future. You can buy one for about £50 I think?
Unfortunately, the Libre Readers are still "Temporarily Unavailable" according to the Abbott site.
I had problems with Bluetooth and Wifi on a new Samsung A53 (both wouldn't work together). Returned the phone a bought a Google Pixel.
I have been using a Google Pixel for the last 2 years. The only problem I have noticed is when I have more than 3 items connected by Bluetooth.

I am having problem with my iPhone 11 Pro the bottom on the left hand side seems to knock out my alarms but I don’t know if anyone is having the same problem I seem to be having a lot of high glucose not having any before I was 50 mmol but now all over the place not I’ll changed pod it is getting ridiculous not eating giving correction dose still not coming down changed basal tried everything is anyone having same problem please help

I am having problem with my iPhone 11 Pro the bottom on the left hand side seems to knock out my alarms but I don’t know if anyone is having the same problem I seem to be having a lot of high glucose not having any before I was 50 mmol but now all over the place not I’ll changed pod it is getting ridiculous not eating giving correction dose still not coming down changed basal tried everything is anyone having same problem please help

Better to change pod, in mean time correct with pen to bring bg levels down.

I have lost alarms since my phone (Google Pixel 4a) automatically updated to Android 13. It seems to be a common problem.

Previously I got the signal lost notification a couple of times a day, but it is now a permanent feature.

If your phone isn’t happy and able to work reliably with the sensors, and you aren’t keen on upgrading it - would getting a Libre reader be a good option? That way you’d have a fallback way of scanning sensors as and when you do upgrade your phone in the future. You can buy one for about £50 I think?

Related to the subject - On general principles I think it would be better to have a different or seperate device for the bg monitor. The reason is really that a phone already has too much (IMOHO) on it. Bank stuff, email, photos, phone book, contacts, notes, entire life. Maybe you swipe it when using public transport. Some buses don't accept money as money, you have to swipe. Now BG readings and link to your sensor. Yes, you might be able to back it up all to the cloud, but do you really trust the cloud? Remember, they make money by selling information.

If you break it or lose it, it'll be worse, at least for a time, than losing all your keys. If you use it for paying bills, it'll be like losing your wallet as well. If you use an app with your surgery/hospital then that's disrupted. If you use it for ID then I don't know how you can get back from that situation, or what you'd do in the meantime.

think "single point of failure".

Personally, I have an Android phone in a holder on my belt whose only function is to monitor my blood sugar. My main phone is an iPhone. That way, nothing I do in terms of adding bluetooth devices to my main phone can interfere with my BG monitor.

Personally, I have an Android phone in a holder on my belt whose only function is to monitor my blood sugar. My main phone is an iPhone. That way, nothing I do in terms of adding bluetooth devices to my main phone can interfere with my BG monitor.
that's smart. I'd do that if I had more than one smartphone, but alas 😉

That Android phone is a Sony Xperia I bought used for €100 or so. Doesn’t even have a SIM in it. All it does is run xDrip+ and send BG values to my smartwatch, so it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.

Having same problem my blood sugars where staying high before that was good I was always between 80 and 90% in range now about 50 to 60% my diabetic nurse put my basal up by 10% not always high just range not good and now my alarms for low high and sensor loss are not working hope this helps.

On my iPhone 11 Pro should my libre 2 sensor show up in Bluetooth is connected in setting for my alarms to work if so how to I connect libre 2 back to Bluetooth on my iPhone 11 Pro any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back