Jamie's food revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait for next weeks episode.................I however do like ramsay as well and hes on tonight............:D

I don't know why people think this is just an American problem.. As I recall, there were the same problems in this country when they tried this same thing, and parents were passing fast foods through the school fence to the children during lunch breaks.

John..

I do know someone who did this when her children were at school and she thought the school dinners were not big enough to satisfy her overwieght children. The school then put up a mesh to stop anyone passing anything through the railings and employed security staff on the gate who asked people why they needed to go into school at certain times of the day...

I dont think he's doing it for money! He is a family man and this is reall intesnse time away from his family (that never grow up anyway) but he is compromising all that so thats good enough for me.

I wish there were other people in this country willing to put themselves out there like he does- plus Id really like to have his babies 😉

Calm down Lou, you'll be stalking him next!😉

I didn't see all of that programme, but on a trailer Jamie asked the children whether they knew what it was he was holding in his hand. The child said Potato. It was a bunch of Tomatoes!!!!!!!

I hope he succeeds with this, as he has here in the UK. The dinners in our primary school are much healthier.

One of the things that stunned me about the English version was how few people, adults and children alike, realised where their nuggets and bangers actually come from... Apart from the supermarket that is. They couldn't identify something as basic as a lamb chop if it didn't have a label on it.

I like wee Jamie, I've watched him grow from a baby chef to one of the most respected food and nutrition campaigners we have. He's always entertaining and never preachy.

Just to add to the topic................in america he asked one of the kids to identify what he was holding (tomatoes), the child then replied potatoes.....

I use to like Jamie in the Naked Chief series he did when first starting out, but sadly he has got a bit above himself of late and is on a mission to tell the masses what they can and cannot eat!

Congratulations must go to Mr and Mrs Oliver on the birth of their son Buddy, I am sure buddy will be welcomed into the family by his sisters Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo and Petal Blossom. (why oh why do these celebs give their kids such unusual names) Toby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree he may be above himself and might not succeed, but just trying can be enough to get his message accross, which I believe is eat good fresh foods, real meat and real veg........

Did you see that womans freezer, nothing but frozen pizzas, and this was a big freezer...........

Drat! Missed the first 10 minutes of tonight's episode due to post-Spooks messing about! 🙄

:D

What's all this about your neck turning a funny colour with diabetes?:confused:

oh yeah, I was listening properly but heard the doc say something about that (think it was the doc) :confused:

Once I was watching the news in oz and they reported that somebody had been 'capsicum sprayed' I LOLed

oh yeah, I was listening properly but heard the doc say something about that (think it was the doc) :confused:

Once I was watching the news in oz and they reported that somebody had been 'capsicum sprayed' I LOLed

So, as well as wearing our socks inside out, we need to be wearing polo necks! 😱

So, as well as wearing our socks inside out, we need to be wearing polo necks! 😱

haha. i'm going to have to watch that bit again online.

I love that they just asked for documentation that we use knives and forks in schools in the UK :D

haha. i'm going to have to watch that bit again online.

I love that they just asked for documentation that we use knives and forks in schools in the UK :D

Just seen that (watching on tv pause) Incredible! 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back