ive used to many test strips doctors are anoyyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
ive used to many test strips this week my doctors are anoyed and wont give me more. alot did fail at work on saterday and i couldn' go by what my sensor told me because it was being supper off.

I don't think that a doctor can decide to leave a type one without test strips - seeing what the consequences might be - maybe you need to get in touch with someone - anyone - higher up the chain of command and repeat the request to them.

@rayray119 I don’t think your doctors can refuse to issue test strips as without them you can’t do insulin and therefore can’t eat. As @Drummer says get in touch with someone higher up the chain of command

ive used to many test strips this week my doctors are anoyed and wont give me more. alot did fail at work on saterday and i couldn' go by what my sensor told me because it was being supper off.

What meter and strips are you using @rayray119 ? They shouldn’t be failing.

I suspect your previous issue has contributed and is possibly flagged up on your records:

Post in thread 'All starting to get to me.'

If you can explain what’s happening when the strips fail, you’ll get some suggestions.

What meter are you using and what is the error? If you know what the error means you can stop it failing. Eg my meter only works at temperatures of 18c+ so I always put it under my arm or down my top before testing. If I didn’t I’d just waste loads of strips on “error 4”

@rayray119 I don’t think your doctors can refuse to issue test strips as without them you can’t do insulin and therefore can’t eat. As @Drummer says get in touch with someone higher up the chain of command
Funilly enough a recepisont i spoke said she was diabettic on insullin. how many i use will depend of how offen i eat how manny i use she snaped back at me "no it doesnt youre wrong about that". I tusted the sensor i was wearing on saterday something would happened.

What meter and strips are you using @rayray119 ? They shouldn’t be failing.

I suspect your previous issue has contributed and is possibly flagged up on your records:

Post in thread 'All starting to get to me.'

If you can explain what’s happening when the strips fail, you’ll get some suggestions.
Oh yeah its not and all the time thing as it was back then i use a differnt metter now i think i just nees to remember to warm the metter up in my hands before testing well at work in the cold. And maybe try inserting the same test atrips a few timez before opening a new one.

Im bot sure how i managed to use so manny this week. Ive got a box. Ive orderes some amazzon and someone is kindlly giving me some.

Not the first time its happened they also great offen declide needles requests

Not the first time its happened they also great offen declide needles requests
Is it that your GP is refusing to issue the prescription? Or that they aren’t aware of the consequences of you not getting test strips?

Get in touch with the diabetes team you are under and ask them to send a letter explaining you need more strips and why but it might be that the strips you are using are one of the more expensive ones as well

I wouldn't be blaming the GP, if things aren't lasting the amount of time before reordering then it would be sensible to get in touch with them or your team and ask to have things increased per prescription, what should last the time should have been worked out with you

Is it that your GP is refusing to issue the prescription? Or that they aren’t aware of the consequences of you not getting test strips?
Refusing prepresctions requests ill afmit i probelly did use too many this week. But previouslyy they wernt given me them before going away for 3 weejs they did eventty that time. They can also refise things like needlrs im injecting far more now im snacking and trying highet catb mrals someyomes its been christmas and my birthday since i last ordered them

I wouldn't be blaming the GP, if things aren't lasting the amount of time before reordering then it would be sensible to get in touch with them or your team and ask to have things increased per prescription, what should last the time should have been worked out with you
But its always depend i wad more upset about the way the recepisyion spoke to me.

But sometimes because of my doctors tellong me not to use so manny test strips i have sometimes ended up trusting my libre when i shouldnt have.

Athough the fact the libre onlu takes a reading every 5 mintutes which doesnt sound long but the days im working it is a long time because of how active my job is

Athough the fact the libre onlu takes a reading every 5 mintutes which doesnt sound long but the days im working it is a long time because of how active my job is

I think it would be a good idea if you ditched the Libre as you are so paranoid about your blood sugars. The rate you are going you will end up with a massive melt down and fit for nothing.

Blood sugars do change. Your Libre is reading your results from the previous 15 mins. It's not a then and there result.

Nobody ever has perfect numbers 24/7. if you feel a bit low suck a couple of glucose tablets and carry on.
If you relax, your numbers will improve as well as stress can cause high numbers.

I think it would be a good idea if you ditched the Libre as you are so paranoid about your blood sugars. The rate you are going you will end up with a massive melt down and fit for nothing.

Blood sugars do change. Your Libre is reading your results from the previous 15 mins. It's not a then and there result.

Nobody ever has perfect numbers 24/7. if you feel a bit low suck a couple of glucose tablets and carry on.
If you relax, your numbers will improve as well as stress can cause high numbers.
This time it was a gernened ibersatipn because if j trusted it at work on saterdau i didnt snack whem i actullty needed to. This time it was mote of gernerlly and saterday i was just getnerlly keeping an eye i thjngs. I wS actullu quite plessed with myslef on saterday. Im going see if once change comes across i can get a differnt sesnor

The lag time is exactlly why i was rught to of finger picks at work saterday. Ill see what albert say about the difference of ths one i removex because iven when it was apartty staying steady it was way off.

This time it was a gernened ibersatipn because if j trusted it at work on saterdau i didnt snack whem i actullty needed to. This time it was mote of gernerlly and saterday i was just getnerlly keeping an eye i thjngs. I wS actullu quite plessed with myslef on saterday. Im going see if once change comes across i can get a differnt sesnor
Unfortunately @rayray119 I can not understand what you have written, my brain can not translate it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back