Inspirational Quotes

Success belongs to those that are willing to work harder than anyone else....

"I am not a man who needs a legacy. I want a new adventure."

@Inka Yes, the Little Prince a favourite of mine too but then I liked the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy too. The Little Prince, full of meaning. The HHGttG full of irony and language nonsenses.

“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
“Why, what did she tell you?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”

@Inka Yes, the Little Prince a favourite of mine too but then I liked the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy too. The Little Prince, full of meaning. The HHGttG full of irony and language nonsenses.

I love the HHGttG! The first three books mainly. I basically read and re-read them one after another throughout my teens :D

“I'm up to here with cool, okay? I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.”

“The first ten million years were the worst," said Marvin, "and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.”

“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

“Shee, you guys are so unhip it’s a wonder your bums don’t fall off.”

:D

“You’d better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.”
“What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?”
“You ask a glass of water.”

Don't watch the clock - do what it does - Keep Going

Be strong and smile at life, even though it hurts at times......

Live More - Worry Less

In three words I can sum up everything I've learnt about life: It Goes On.

“The first ten million years were the worst," said Marvin, "and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.”

One of my all time favourite Marvin quotes.

If I remember right, he is meeting the other protagonists who have travelled instantaneously through time (via the infinite improbability drive) to get to the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe.

Marvin has had to go the long way round…

Haven’t read those books or listened to the radio drama since childhood, but they made quite an impression.

"Brain the size of a planet and all they ask me to is to park cars" and " I think I will park myself in a corner and just rust" are a couple of mine.

Ahh the Hitch Hikers Guide. Brilliant books and radio. Lousy film and (TV ?)

One of my own personal favourites.

"You are only limited by your own imagination".

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

A paragraph from my daughters wedding speech is one which is inspiring.

Well there is a saying – God grant me the patience to bear that which cannot be changed, the courage to change that which can be, and the wisdom to know the difference – my husband has been granted all of these – the secret of a happy marriage I am sure, and when we work together we make a unbeatable team – so I can say that in him I have met a true partner and I look forward to many happy and eventful years together as husband and wife!

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”

John Lennon

Back