Inspirational Quotes

One of the kindest things you can do is be gentle and patient with yourself.

From The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse

Ah, the Little Prince. It seem to divide people. Some say it is brilliant and meaningful. Others say it is simplistic trash.

I am with the former lot...it is brilliant...great book

Just read this in a book...

"No amount of regret can change the past, and no amount of worry can change the future"

I've no idea whether this is a quote from something or from the author of the book but i thought it was very true.

I just read this

“The thing about Spiderman is that he is completely useless outside of New York City…He’s nothing. And he’s sticking out like a dog’s bollocks. Suddenly he’s just a weird-looking guy with snot shooting out of his wrists.”​

You may not think it is inspirational but I think of it about
  • having the right skills for the environment and not even super heroes have the right tools for every environment.
  • not always fitting in: even super heroes can look weird
  • finding what you need in your life and not worrying about what others think is great in their life.
  • having fun even when you don't quite fit in - it made me smile
(It's from Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey. I really enjoyed the book although it is definitely a tragedy. I am looking forward to watching the movie.)

I just read this

“The thing about Spiderman is that he is completely useless outside of New York City…He’s nothing. And he’s sticking out like a dog’s bollocks. Suddenly he’s just a weird-looking guy with snot shooting out of his wrists.”​

You may not think it is inspirational but I think of it about
  • having the right skills for the environment and not even super heroes have the right tools for every environment.
  • not always fitting in: even super heroes can look weird
  • finding what you need in your life and not worrying about what others think is great in their life.
  • having fun even when you don't quite fit in - it made me smile
(It's from Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey. I really enjoyed the book although it is definitely a tragedy. I am looking forward to watching the movie.)

He clearly never watched Spider-Man: Far From Home then.

see Below!

Your “good old days” are still ahead of you, may you have many of them.

May you live every day of your life.

"Don't let ageing get you down. .... It's too hard to get back up.

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.

Orbiting Earth in the spaceship, I saw how beautiful our planet is. People, let us preserve and increase
this beauty, not destroy it!

Yuri Gagarin

Everybody laughs in the same Language .......

Without music, life would be a mistake......

Life is short - Smile while you still have teeth.....

This one's an oldie,
If the seagulls follow the trawlers it's because the sardines will be thrown into the sea!!!
Old Eric was a lad.

I love The Little Prince, so I thought I’d do a couple more quotes from it:

“It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then you are indeed a man of true wisdom”

And

“One runs the risk of weeping a little, if one lets himself be tamed.”

Also, a few quotes from the late, great Ursula Le Guin:

To light a candle is to cast a shadow”

“We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?”

“We read books to find out who we are. What other people, real or imaginary, do and think and feel... is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become.”

Watching series 3 of Picard.

Riker turns to him and says.

"Terrific. Your hands are stiff. My knees are killing me. So long as we don’t have to move or shoot, we should be fine."

There's hope for me yet.

:rofl:

Back