Inspirational Quotes

My life is a dot lost among thousands of other dots.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear (George Orwell).

(George mind find that not so easy in today's woke world.....)

Sometimes it's okay if the only thing you do today is breath...

“The will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali

You cannot control the behaviour of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it.

I’ll start us off with an inspirational quote.

DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
When I was diagnosed with T1 in 1959 at the age of 9, I was immediately branded, and if the doctor had had a chance he would have put a big label on me saying "Diabetic no-hoper, leave him alone". However, 65 years later I can say that I've made my mark in life. I've had successes and failures, but I reckon I've proved my worth, and done as much as any normal human being might. I was judged by my cover, until I changed the title page.

If I can, I will.
If I can't, I'll learn.
If I will, I'll serve.
If I won't, I'll pray.
If I learn, I'll teach.
If I teach, you'll learn.
If you learn, you can.
If you can, we can.
If we can ...

Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.

You're right. I've got my 74th birthday in a few days and, for the moment, I'm doing well. But age comes to all of us, and I must accept it. That is why I do exactly as you say, because I do not know how many more days I have left.
I'm with you Richard, I've just had my 80th birthday and I count every day as a blessing...

If I can, I will.
If I can't, I'll learn.
If I will, I'll serve.
If I won't, I'll pray.
If I learn, I'll teach.
If I teach, you'll learn.
If you learn, you can.
If you can, we can.
If we can ...
Soon after I was diagnosed with T1 in 1959, my understanding Prep School headmaster took me aside and said 3 words, "Never give up." I have honoured that message all my life.

Sometimes you have to lose all you have to find out who you truly are.

Sometimes you have to lose all you have to find out who you truly are.
I think I was one of the lucky ones. Imagine a 9 year old child who, suddenly lost a beloved family member, his health, his educational status, and his friends. It was also considered he may soon lose his life. That's what I had to cvercome! Yes, I certainly lost a great deal, but it taught me that there was another way forward as well.

There is no greater weapon than a prepared mind.

Don't just learn, experience.
Don't just read, absorb.
Don't just change, transform.

The diet starts in the supermarket. If you dont buy it you cannot eat it.
Type Two Diabetic who spend most of the big shop in the veg section and bypasses the biscuit, pasta, sauces, sweets and cake section!
Another saying. He who takes his specs to the supermarket and reads the carbs on the labels buys less!

A house is made of bricks and beams, a home is made of love and dreams.

Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.

Back