I'm 29 and newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. urgent need to gain weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Genie

Welcome to the forum. Like you I reduced my carbs and then lost weight which I did not have available to lose. I found adding in protein enabled me to keep the weight on and carbs off.

For reducing BG after a meal I have found that doing just 15 min activity after every meal helps to use up the glucose.

It may be useful to keep a food diary along with glucose levels and weight. You could then ask for an appointment with a dietitian for advice or just identify patterns yourself in what is happening.

Hi Genie

Welcome to the forum. Like you I reduced my carbs and then lost weight which I did not have available to lose. I found adding in protein enabled me to keep the weight on and carbs off.

For reducing BG after a meal I have found that doing just 15 min activity after every meal helps to use up the glucose.

It may be useful to keep a food diary along with glucose levels and weight. You could then ask for an appointment with a dietitian for advice or just identify patterns yourself in what is happening.

Thanks SB2015. i think exercise really helps to reduce BG level after meal. I just had lunch and my BG level is 7.5 at 2 hours after meal and still be there even another 2 hours if I just sit and doing nothing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back