I thought you couldn't reverse diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff I was beginning to think, yesterday that I would revert back to just doing a pre BG test before meals.

You can easily get paranoid with the testing. I will continue doing pre and post testing till the weekend (Going away for a few days then) . Then reconsider next week.

I will continue losing my excess weight.
Hi again veganlass (and Cliff),

It's great to hear that Cliff is still doing OK. Like him, despite being diagnosed over ten years ago on the basis of fasting readings of 7.2 mmol.L, I've never had an OGTT either. I've wondered about having an OGTT myself just to see what happened.

Also, just like Cliff - I don't do much less testing these days. I do very few tests before eating because they tell me very little simply because I know that they are going to be OK - usually in the 4s or 5s.

These days when I do test, I test mainly one hour after finishing eating to see how a particular meal affects my blood glucose levels. Once I know what happens, then I rarely test that particular meal again.

Keep on going because you sound to be moving well down the right pathway!

Best wishes - John

Last edited:
Yesterday I only did prior to food and it was better than I thought.

fasting 11.9 prior to lunch 8.6 , prior to tea 10.2 and at bedtime 11.1

Fasting this morning was 11.2 after brekkie 12.9 prior to lunch 7.8 so, so far much better.

Just had 2 veggies burgers (3.7 gram each carbs), salad and 4 tiny oatcakes (2.6gram carbs)
So I will see what the BG is at 1.30pm.

So fingers crossed its improving

LOL - Thanks for the heads up on the maths So the actual difference in glucose beteen 4.9 and 5.0 represents an increase of 2% (0.018/0.882). While with the difference between 6.9 and 7.0 the rate of increase slows to 1.4% (0.018/1.242). And (9.9 compared to 10.00 represents an increase in actual glucose of only 1.0% (0.018/1.782). So the 0.1 steps in bgs we measure aren't of equal value ? The significance of each 0.1 step up decreases as bgs get higher ?:confused:

So as bgs drop the significance of a 0.1. drop increases, hence helping to explain hypos ? The difference in actual glucose per litre between 2.9 and 3.0 is 3.3%.

An incremental increase of 0.1 is aways identical in absolute blood sugar terms, no matter where you start from. However, when you look at a 0.1 increase starting at 6 say, and a 0.1 increase staring at 7, it will be a difference %. Percentages are just odd - an increase from 1 to 2 is a 100% increase. However, when you go from 2 back to 1, it's only a 50% decrease. That's because you're starting point is different. Go figure lol

An incremental increase of 0.1 is aways identical in absolute blood sugar terms, no matter where you start from. However, when you look at a 0.1 increase starting at 6 say, and a 0.1 increase staring at 7, it will be a difference %. Percentages are just odd - an increase from 1 to 2 is a 100% increase. However, when you go from 2 back to 1, it's only a 50% decrease. That's because you're starting point is different. Go figure lol

Dear Cliff,

You are just describing a property of real numbers, every thing you say is true, but why should it be relevent :confused:

Regards Dodger

Last edited:
100% correct ? 🙄

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back