'Hypos' but not as we know them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations. It sounds like you are doing really well and have found a system that works for you. I hadn't heard any mention of Tidepool before. I use my Libre now so don't bother with the app I used to use anymore. Looks like it is working well for you though.
Next step is to start tackling another meal. Gets a bit more complicated as you introduce more variable food choices but you will gradually build up a repertoire of meals that work for you.

Congratulations. It sounds like you are doing really well and have found a system that works for you. I hadn't heard any mention of Tidepool before. I use my Libre now so don't bother with the app I used to use anymore. Looks like it is working well for you though.
Next step is to start tackling another meal. Gets a bit more complicated as you introduce more variable food choices but you will gradually build up a repertoire of meals that work for you.
Thanks!
The other meals havent been problematic for me as far as I could tell, I seem to be highly 'reactive' at and after breakfast.
But I will start some tests!
tidepool.org

Last edited:
Hi,
Just an update

I have been testing less but at other times of the day / mealtimes and I am now not seeing any out of range values (I had one of 8 but rest under 7 and usually around 5 or 6!
Even when I pushed the boat out over Xmas and drank too much red wine and stealthily sneaked a bit of ginger cake :D
I think its just by not eating any carbs for breakfast (just two pots of yoghurt) mid morning nuts and seeds and eating far less carb portions (mostly basmati rice) with meals and lots of veg and salad
Will be interested to see my next HbA1c values in 4 months time
Weight steady at 64 kg (160 cm high), but want to work on this as its around my belly.
Exercise is the next thing to step up from my current walking-based regime

So, Thanks again!

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly! Hope you still managed to enjoy the festive season.
The red wine is really not a problem as regards your diabetes (unless it was sweet red or port... since you are in Portugal after all) but obviously all things in moderation. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year and I predict a nice "normal range" HbA1c to look forward to at your next test, if you keep up the good work. Well done!

You’re doing really well @Essex. The only thing I have noticed about some of the graphs you have is that the correct measurement is mmol/L as mmol/mol is the measurement for the HbA1C

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly! Hope you still managed to enjoy the festive season.
The red wine is really not a problem as regards your diabetes (unless it was sweet red or port... since you are in Portugal after all) but obviously all things in moderation. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year and I predict a nice "normal range" HbA1c to look forward to at your next test, if you keep up the good work. Well done!
Thanks @rebrascora !
Just normal red wine - my Portuguese bro in Law chooses them, so I get well served
Um bom ano novo to you too 🙂

You’re doing really well @Essex. The only thing I have noticed about some of the graphs you have is that the correct measurement is mmol/L as mmol/mol is the measurement for the HbA1C
Thanks Lily,
Well spotted! That's all my graphs - spreadsheets updated - although I dont use them any more - the Tidepool.org app does it all for me now.
No wonder that I never got going as a Chemical Engineer 🙂

Thanks Lily,
Well spotted! That's all my graphs - spreadsheets updated - although I dont use them any more - the Tidepool.org app does it all for me now.
No wonder that I never got going as a Chemical Engineer 🙂
The two measurements do look pretty similar so it is quite easy to get mixed up 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back