How is this going to happen??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread should be closed now otherwise it will spiral out of control .Lets not let the rising temperature outside spill over into here guys:D x Individuality is the key here full stop,one size does not fit all x

not referring to anyone on here, but there are cases - such as Richard Lane, president of DUK - who has what is termed 'brittle' diabetes - meaning he can swing from 25 down to the 2s in a matter of minutes. i would imagine he is getting through more than 15 strips a day to ensure he knows what his levels are doing.

DSNs vary, there are some excellent ones, and some not so excellent ones. i wouldn't be happy to hear from any healthcare professional that i should test 4 times a day - what is happening to my body in between? if you are lucky enough to have levels that remain stable for those long periods in between tests, then i envy you. mine are prone to swinging in either direction, which means i have to test regularly to make sure they're not misbehaving, and to catch them out when they are.

But that is hardly the "normal" to which I keep refering, I have said many times now on this thread that it is "normal" 15 a day use I find/feel isn't right.:D

There will be a very many reasons that will require testing more often.

I think this thread should be closed now otherwise it will spiral out of control .Lets not let the rising temperature outside spill over into here guys:D x Individuality is the key here full stop,one size does not fit all x

I kinda wanna know what ypaulys hba1c is now and any useful tips he has for the excessive testers amongst us regarding how to have perfectly controlled bgs....🙄

Woah! Never excepted a mini argument to stir from all this! Not my intention whatsoever!

It's all down to the individual. I am a worrier and I like to test my BG often (as much as my fingers hate me for doing so!)

It's all a matter of what goes with whom and I think some of the things said have been very well said but I do agree with Steff. Thread should be closed.

I kinda wanna know what ypaulys hba1c is now and any useful tips he has for the excessive testers amongst us regarding how to have perfectly controlled bgs....🙄

12 when diagnosed
9.1 when last tested

But that is hardly the "normal" to which I keep refering, I have said many times now on this thread that it is "normal" 15 a day use I find/feel isn't right.:D

There will be a very many reasons that will require testing more often.

no, but if you have rubbish hypo awareness then testing 15 times a day is perfectly normal and perfectly right 🙄

lets get this thread closed now people 🙂

ypauly why is it not normal you have no right to say that you trying to say any one who tests alot is not normal...... hold on you have offended people now calling us not normal your way out of line there and let me tell you i have tested over 15 times today oh god every one call the yellow van i aint normal god forgive me i am trying to get my diabetes under control and when i have it under control i will still be god damm testing lots so dont ever say someone is not normal for testing that amount 😡

Ok, I'm not a fan of closing threads as I think it's a shame when it comes down to that.

However the debate on here is becoming increasingly circular and personal so at the request of several contributors (including the OP) consider it closed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back