Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Great presentation and congratulations on the fantastic result with your diabetes and thanks for sharing your story which I am sure will help to inspire others. I am Type 1 but feel that a low carb diet is beneficial for me in managing my BG levels and my disordered eating.

I think you will probably find that sadly hospitals can give airports a run for their money in this department!!
True - Dr Aseem Malhotra is a consultant cardiologist fighting for change re hospitals (and so much more) an uphill struggle sadly.

Rice, bread, pasta, noodles are the main staples
To be honest, most burgers and kebabs are more processed, usually it's chucks of some unknown animal served with them.

Low fat doesn't give you highs and lows, a normal insulin response won't give you highs and lows.
Weight only goes on if I overeat, the scales soon tell me that, a charge in blood sugar never made me, that was just a bad habit I stopped doing.

Many of us on here class "remission" as being able to eat carbs without a diabetic blood sugar response. Personally I class that as reversal, but it seems we all have different definitions.
Have you taken a glucose tolerance test, that's usually a fairly standard baseline?
Apologies for delay, elderly father in law taken into hospital following a fall, all good now but a bit of a manic week. I go to one specific kebab shop that provides healthy options. And yes burgers can be very processed. Homemade are definitely the best.
Rice, bread, pasta, noodles are the main staples
To be honest, most burgers and kebabs are more processed, usually it's chucks of some unknown animal served with them.

Low fat doesn't give you highs and lows, a normal insulin response won't give you highs and lows.
Weight only goes on if I overeat, the scales soon tell me that, a charge in blood sugar never made me, that was just a bad habit I stopped doing.

Many of us on here class "remission" as being able to eat carbs without a diabetic blood sugar response. Personally I class that as reversal, but it seems we all have different definitions.
Have you taken a glucose tolerance test, that's usually a fairly standard baseline?
Apologies for delay in replying, elderly father in law had a nasty fall, ok now thankfully. I go to a kebab shop that offers healthy options. Burgers can be highly processed, they meatier the better, restaurant i go to offers 97% beef. Much better to make your own though.

I think it's a personal thing what you class your diabetes as to be honest. I have reversed my symptoms (and did so in a matter of days of going low carb) and class myself as in remission. I haven't taken a glucose tolerance test but it's on my list of things to do though.

Remission statement I go off:

'We define three levels of remission:

Initial. When the conditions are fulfilled for three months

Complete. When the conditions are fulfilled for one year

Operational cure. When the conditions are fulfilled for five years or more'

Apologies for delay, elderly father in law taken into hospital following a fall, all good now but a bit of a manic week. I go to one specific kebab shop that provides healthy options. And yes burgers can be very processed. Homemade are definitely the best.

Apologies for delay in replying, elderly father in law had a nasty fall, ok now thankfully. I go to a kebab shop that offers healthy options. Burgers can be highly processed, they meatier the better, restaurant i go to offers 97% beef. Much better to make your own though.

I think it's a personal thing what you class your diabetes as to be honest. I have reversed my symptoms (and did so in a matter of days of going low carb) and class myself as in remission. I haven't taken a glucose tolerance test but it's on my list of things to do though.

Remission statements can vary:

'We define three levels of remission:

Initial. When the conditions are fulfilled for three months

Complete. When the conditions are fulfilled for one year

Operational cure. When the conditions are fulfilled for five years or more'
You will have to let us know the results of the glucose tolerance test when you do it.
I certainly agree remission is defined with no ongoing treatment, I'm sure diet control is included somewhere in their definition, although I haven't read it all.
They don't use the term reversed though, I prefer to think myself "reversed" to be fair.

Crisps and biscuits from the vending machine, and some toast from the nurses last time I was visiting out of hours!

It's hard to believe isn't it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back