Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie01

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Just wondered what hobbies people have and what they do to relax ? I am slightly addicted to diamond painting and have done quite a lot of them. Am managing to do more as i have been signed off for a couple of weeks. I also have 2 lovely house rabbits which relax me and 5 fish tanks x

I own a question and answer website, as it happens. I worked in IT for over 20 years and can code in several languages. But 99% of my skills in IT I learned myself in my own time. It's a personal interest as well as a job. However I was made redundant in 2017 and have had no luck getting back in work. Don't know if giving my website details on here is allowed so I won't. And I have now been assessed by DWP as unable to work.

Walking/hiking, climbing fells/ mountains/bens, cooking and entertaining, although not as much as I did, birdwatching ( and trying to take photos of them), travelling, and reading, that’s the relaxing hobby! Reading, cooking and bird watching are my most frequent activities. The hiking, walking and climbing usually happens when we’re on holiday, mostly. I’m retired but look after grandchildren a lot so I don’t always have the time to relax!

A large amount of my time is taken up with music:theory composition and singing, and weaving.

I also love just having a go at different crafts/activities. Just done some fused glass and looking forward to seeing what comes out of the kiln.

I was also an active birdwatcher for many years. White-Tailed Eagles on the Isle of Mull and stuff. Identifying birds by their call as often you can't see them.

What’s diamond painting?
It sort of a cross between cross stitch and painting by numbers, you have a picture which is sticky and you stick coloured beads to it and it forms a picture. You can get customised ones of picture of your choice too, i have done ones of my rabbits, the fox out of my parents garden and a big paw patrol one for my great niece x

It sort of a cross between cross stitch and painting by numbers, you have a picture which is sticky and you stick coloured beads to it and it forms a picture. You can get customised ones of picture of your choice too, i have done ones of my rabbits, the fox out of my parents garden and a big paw patrol one for my great niece x
Sounds interesting, can you post some pictures.

Not sure what happened there.

Attachments

• 20190220_112426.jpg
    20190220_112426.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190307_233925.jpg
    20190307_233925.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190315_232358.jpg
    20190315_232358.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210404_130410.jpg
    20210404_130410.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220618_023916.jpg
    20220618_023916.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211025_184932.jpg
    20211025_184932.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
Really? 4m x2.5m or a slip of the fingers. Looks great, deceptively intricate but that intricacy adds value to the effect.

I'm a keen amateur genealogist, which I've done for 14 years. Uncovered lots of skeletons in the family cupboard!! Also like to do aquafit 2/3 times a week - it's fun and good exercise.

I like to knit, crotchet, cross stitch, bake (particularly birthday cakes), although have had to cut down on the baking for myself since diagnosis, yoga and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back