High Cholesterol

Status
Not open for further replies.
No and I don't consider my levels to be "massively high" so....

" Everyone manages their health differently. Please be mindful of this."

We do indeed manage our health differently Eddie.

Yet you keep ignoring this and bombard the site with your personal opinion that excessive cholesterol is good?
Maybe you have made your point then, and can feel free to stop?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends what you think are "safe" limits.. cholesterol is essential for life and health the body can self regulate it pretty well. If you want to mess with the incredibly complex processes that cholesterol impacts then feel free. Personally I'd rather let my body do the necessary.

True about 75-80% might not get noticeable side effects.. doesn't mean they get none though.

Check out the increasing incidence of Alzheimers and the increasing prescription of statins associations...

Makes you wonder..

Except your body doesn't regulate it pretty well as your cholesterol is high.

Own cholesterol is 4.2 with ratios inline with expert opinion, that for me is safe zone & intend to keep it that way.

Except your body doesn't regulate it pretty well as your cholesterol is high.

Own cholesterol is 4.2 with ratios inline with expert opinion, that for me is safe zone & intend to keep it that way

Thought experiment for the day for you and @travellor

If statins are so great at reducing cholesterol and so many people take them then why is heart disease still the leading cause of death in so many places. Should the most profitable drugs ever invented (so far at least) have knocked it off the top spot years ago?

If statins are so great at reducing cholesterol and so many people take them then why is heart disease still the leading cause of death in so many places. Should the most profitable drugs ever invented (so far at least) have knocked it off the top spot years ago?
Say statin cut the risk of heart disease by 20% or so. If the underlying rise in heart disease is 30% you will still see a 10% rise in heart disease.
Without statins, it would be worse.
End of the day, no one's forcing anyoneo to take statins.

So long as there as people with your self induced cholesterol, there will still be enough heart disease to go round.
And you clearly understand nothing about the cumulative effect of raised cholesterol.
I shall refer you to Mark Twain.

Say statin cut the risk of heart disease by 20% or so. If the underlying rise in heart disease is 30% you will still see a 10% rise in heart disease.
Without statins, it would be worse.
End of the day, no one's forcing anyoneo to take statins.

It appears it's an accumulative effect, so you can't undo the damage, but you can certainly stop it accelerating.

And you clearly understand nothing about the cumulative effect of raised cholesterol.
Which oddly showed up nothing in the detailed heart examination I recently had.. 1 hour in an MRI scanner, CAC scan, multiple bloods tests all followed by a clean bill of health..

Shouldn't my arteries be completely clogged with saturated fat by now?

Or more simply could the elevated LDL hypothesis be wrong... one has to wonder.

Which oddly showed up nothing in the detailed heart examination I recently had.. 1 hour in an MRI scanner, CAC scan, multiple bloods tests all followed by a clean bill of health..

Shouldn't my arteries be completely clogged with saturated fat by now?

Or more simply could the elevated LDL hypothesis be wrong... one has to wonder.

No not yet.
You had an event in lockdown, or maybe lockdown itself that let to a large weight gain and large raise in LDL.
Until then, it seemed you were on track, so obviously you don't have an issue from high cholesterol complications yet.
As explained earlier it's accumulative.
So, you can still put a stay on it.
If not, come back in 5 years if you still believe the cranks, and let us know if your arteries look like a Dyno-Rod advert then.

No not yet.
You had an event in lockdown, or maybe lockdown itself that let to a large weight gain and large raise in LDL.
Until then, it seemed you were on track, so obviously you don't have an issue from high cholesterol complications yet.
As explained earlier it's accumulative.
So, you can still put a stay on it.
If not, come back in 5 years if you still believe the cranks, and let us know if your arteries look like a Dyno-Rod advert then.
Wow.. almost sounds like you care...

So what are your numbers like?

I published mine and you have ceaselessly critiqued them.. why don't you do the same?

Wow.. almost sounds like you care...

So what are your numbers like?

I published mine and you have ceaselessly critiqued them.. why don't you do the same?

I'm not in it for the followers.
I realised a long time ago the "red" forum is a happy groupy place, and all about point scoring in a clique.
I have nothing to prove, I don't need to be part of "the gang"
It's not a competion, and I have said repeatedly, I'm not here for that, so I don't advertise my numbers, just that they are ok, by normal, accepted standards.

As you say, I do actually care.
But on an individual basis.

I'm not in it for the followers.
I realised a long time ago the "red" forum is a happy groupy place, and all about point scoring in a clique.
I have nothing to prove, I don't need to be part of "the gang"
It's not a competion, and I have said repeatedly, I'm not here for that, so I don't advertise my numbers, just that they are ok, by normal, accepted standards.

As you say, I do actually care.
But on an individual basis.
How convenient.

How convenient.
How sensible?

We have nothing to prove here,
It's just helpful advice to help find your own way to cope with diabetes.
Yes, we don't agree, there are a few spats, but we all recognise we cope with diabetes the way that works for us individually.

You have come from a very aggressive confrontational forum, to a very inclusive forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back