high blood sugar results

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the late reply - been out all afternoon with the kids 🙂 thanks for the advice all :D will get it sorted :D it doesnt hurt at all - this could be because of the neuropathy.

OK Simon, sorry to be blunt. But ive seen and read enough.

I think you are in denial regarding >Diabetes>Infections>Complications

Sorry, but enough people have said this, see a doctor NOW! You will get very ill if you dont sort out your problems. Many years ago I was a nurse, trust me gangrene and amputations for Diabetics are horrific. I fear you are heading down that path.

Sorry to be blunt, but I feel I had to say it. I do not mean to offend or upset you.

I have just seent his and logged in from work to post this. I think you need to be seen urgently to have your toe assessed. I have seen toe's amputated that started as blisters from new shoes, I wouldn't want that to happen to you.

Simon, as others have suggested, this looks really bad and you should get it seen immediately. If your doctor can't see you, I strongly suggest you get yourself up to the nearest A&E today.

simon i refer you to your own post on shivs thread re her sore toe......😉 'could try a walk in clinc' ????🙂

hehehe Touch? :D

im pretty observant ... heheee:D seriously do it ...if they say all is ok and you neednt have come.... i will be prepared to do a forfeit ..within reason...and involving no money as i havent any !!

hehehe - now that seems like reason enough :D the good thing is the toe is looking fine - no gunge, no nasty smell, no pain, no redness 🙂 just waiting for the rest of the nail to fall off. i'm going to have to get my blood sugar down asap - as this is worrying me. read some good things about apple cider vinegar, so thinking of trying that.

im glad its looking fine ..how are your sugars now ?

sadly still high 15.5today which is down from17.3 yesterday - hopefully it will continue to drop :D

that is still high and you are so young ...what was your last HbA1c ? if you dont mind me asking?

i'm not sure what a HbA1c is :( the only blood test i ever had was when they first found out i was diabetic - she said my reading was 12 i think. but not sure how that compares to finger prick tests

your HbA1c is the blood test that should be carried out every 3 months after 1 dx as that is how long it takes for the blood cells to regenerate ( please you more medically knowledgable lot correct me if im wrong )..after about a year in my care they then changed it to every 6 months ...im actually being tested before as now my bs has leveled out at 6.4 for a year were are working on my cholesterol which at 5.4 is a little high ....Simon who is looking after your diabetes ????? you are getting no care !!! have you had any eye checks ??

i'm not sure what a HbA1c is :( the only blood test i ever had was when they first found out i was diabetic - she said my reading was 12 i think. but not sure how that compares to finger prick tests

You've been diagnosed 18 months, right? You should have had your annual tests about 6 months ago - do you ever have any contact from your doctor? Actually, an HbA1c is usually taken more frequently in the first year, until your levels are more stable (and lower!).. You should have also had your feet checked, your cholesterol and kidney function tests done, and your eyes checked for signs of retinopathy.

With levels such as those you are currently experiencing you are at very high risk of all the diabetic complications. They're all bad, but probably one of the worst is autonomic neuropathy - this means that your autonomic system that controls your breathing, heart rate and digestive system no longer functions properly and is totally debilitating. This is why we are being so insistent that you see your doctor and get on track. You may feel fine now, but I'm betting your HbA1c (a measure of your average BG levels over the past 6-12 weeks) is in double figures. For every 1% that it is above 6.5% your chances of serious complications doubles until it reaches a point where it is virtually inevitable that you will develop one or all of them.

You must see a doctor.

You've been diagnosed 18 months, right? You should have had your annual tests about 6 months ago - do you ever have any contact from your doctor? Actually, an HbA1c is usually taken more frequently in the first year, until your levels are more stable (and lower!).. You should have also had your feet checked, your cholesterol and kidney function tests done, and your eyes checked for signs of retinopathy.

With levels such as those you are currently experiencing you are at very high risk of all the diabetic complications. They're all bad, but probably one of the worst is autonomic neuropathy - this means that your autonomic system that controls your breathing, heart rate and digestive system no longer functions properly and is totally debilitating. This is why we are being so insistent that you see your doctor and get on track. You may feel fine now, but I'm betting your HbA1c (a measure of your average BG levels over the past 6-12 weeks) is in double figures. For every 1% that it is above 6.5% your chances of serious complications doubles until it reaches a point where it is virtually inevitable that you will develop one or all of them.

You must see a doctor.

Well said Northerner.

Simon - I know this is coming across as scary - but you need to wake up and realise that you cannot ignore the symptoms you are displaying - you are heading for some serious complications if you dont go to the doctor. Actually, given the problem with your foot - I would say dont bother with the doctor and go straight to A&E - now.🙂Bev

simon we are not trying to scare you ....you make the horror films so very little chance of all that ....but you should be getting better care ,,,, your BS are high ...not as high as some people get but high that is what is concerning us ...

its really odd, i've had a eye screening a while ago and one foot (well feet 😉 ) check, i had a reminder to go and see the doctors after a year but not every six months. i think i will have to get it sorted. now just have to find out how!?!?

trouble is i have a very busy life and i find it hard to find the time to get myself sorted, but your all right - i will get myself along to the doctors. 🙂 cheers for the help 🙂

its really odd, i've had a eye screening a while ago and one foot (well feet 😉 ) check, i had a reminder to go and see the doctors after a year but not every six months. i think i will have to get it sorted. now just have to find out how!?!?

trouble is i have a very busy life and i find it hard to find the time to get myself sorted, but your all right - i will get myself along to the doctors. 🙂 cheers for the help 🙂

Just make an appointment Simon, and your doctor will be able to make sure that you get on the list for all the various other stuff. Some of it may be done at the surgery. I understand having a busy life, but you have to imagine that if you neglect your diabetes, one day you may not be able to do all you want to. Deal with this now, get those levels under control and you'll improve your quality of life no end - it's true! 🙂

This is what you should expect from the NHS:
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to..._diabetes/diabetes_care_and_you/From_the_NHS/

yes ...DO IT !!! x😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back