• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

HbA1c Results, Happy.

That is flipping excellent news. Well done you!

Re waffles - do they seriously not still sell old fashioned waffle irons?

Re waffles - do they seriously not still sell old fashioned waffle irons?
I'm not sure what they are. Have seen machines which are like sandwich toasters what I bought was a flat pan with moulds in for the batter.

Thanks, it is. I see you managed it too. Have you maintained lower numbers?

Thanks, it is. I see you managed it too. Have you maintained lower numbers?

I'm not sure what they are. Have seen machines which are like sandwich toasters what I bought was a flat pan with moulds in for the batter.

When we were kids, they slightly resembled a potato masher except the business end being made of cast iron, heavier. Heat your heavy based frying pan, dip the head of the iron in your mixing bowl of batter, stand iron in pan until when you lift the iron, the nearly cooked waffle stays in the pan and you flip it over to brown the other side having rested the iron in the batter. Repeat for as long as the batter lasts.

We have a newer one, bought c 20 yrs ago which is horizontal and hinged, this one you place folded on a very low gas (or elec) ring to heat then open and pour the batter in from a jug. Close it. Soon as it will open ie the batter is solid enough to do this, turn the whole thing over. Another 10-15 secs and its done.

Nowt different really in fact!

Back