• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

HbA1c Results, Happy.

Neens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks to the amazing support of people on this forum, especially those who replied to my anxious thread this morning, which at 6.30 a.m I thought was on general board but it is in food forum.

I was diagnosed in Dec. at 117. I went for my 3 month review after work today and made my DN's day. She'd had a shocker like me. She asked me to guess and I said I hoped for 50s but presumed it would be in high 70s.

It was 44.

44!!!

Pre-diabetic.
Meds reduced to 1500mg metaformin.
Foot referred to clinic at hospital.
Education course next week.
Review in 3 months.

Delighted!

:) Well done - that's an amazingly good result.

:) Well done - that's an amazingly good result.
Thanks. Pinching myself.
Now face the challenge of staying there as long as I can.

WOOHOO!!! Fantastic news. Very well done indeed! I hope you were able to tell your nurse how you had achieved such a remarkable result... it is so important for the Low Carb message to be spread to NHS staff, so that they can pass it forward to people who are not fortunate enough to find this forum.

WOOHOO!!! Fantastic news. Very well done indeed! I hope you were able to tell your nurse how you had achieved such a remarkable result... it is so important for the Low Carb message to be spread to NHS staff, so that they can pass it forward to people who are not fortunate enough to find this forum.
Thanks. She has seen my food diaries and supports the low carb choice. As a clinic they are very good at promoting all things Diabetes UK. She knows from previous appointments how much support I have found here.

Lucky to have a good Diabetic Health Team too.

Ah that’s great @Neens! I am really pleased all your hard work has paid off so well.

Give yourself at least 100 marvellousness points!

Really well done, great result. The hard work does pay off x

Brilliant @Neens !!! i was supposed to get my results today, but they’ve been delayed. There must be something going on in the NHS at the minute :(

GREAT! Usually even though all these things work - the patients own worst enemy is themselves.

You've been your own best mate, so it's brilliant and don't brush off the congratulations, cos the success is down to you!

Oh WOW I am so pleased for you.
It is all down to your own hard work, well done .

Funny Animated Gif_ Great Job Animated Gifs.gif
Well done @Neens, I'm made up for you.
*Your biggest challenge now is to maintain low numbers ~ you CAN & WILL do it.
WL
Edited*

Great stuff neens, 44 is a pretty damn good reduction isn't it! Clearly you're following a path that works for you, so keep at it!

Congratulations Neens, a good job jobbed :)

Brilliant. Well done! :):):)

Back