HbA1c results, 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they want you to see the dietician? All you results are good.......

The management isn't good. Not knowing where I am with food (and self testing) came up.
Even though I've seen the dietician there's actually been no help with food.

Well done Ralph. You should be pleased at your achievement. DN doesn't sound too bad 🙂

I've seen the nurse again today. Got to discuss some things. Got a Care Plan. (Action plan?) First time anyone has been willing to be involved with one of them.
And she was say about the importance of weight and exercise. This is the first person I've dealt with to promote these.
I'll have to see how it goes. I'm scared to be positive.

I've seen the nurse again today. Got to discuss some things. Got a Care Plan. (Action plan?) First time anyone has been willing to be involved with one of them.
And she was say about the importance of weight and exercise. This is the first person I've dealt with to promote these.
I'll have to see how it goes. I'm scared to be positive.
Ralph...those numbers are good...you should be positive...and clearly you are doing something right...certainly heading in the right direction...well done.

I'm not self testing (no support & no money to buy my own strips); no information locally; no patient involvement (the idea doesn't even exist) including not knowing about tests; discouraged and dismissed by health care professionals.
Left high & dry, flying blind. Left with my diabetes not managed.
HbA1c is not down to me.

I'd be in a worst off without this site.
I have reduced my carbs a little. Don't tell anyone though.

I have reduced my carbs a little. Don't tell anyone though.
Heresy Ralph..... Go & say a hail-Mary for each carb you have cut😛

I'm not self testing (no support & no money to buy my own strips); no information locally; no patient involvement (the idea doesn't even exist) including not knowing about tests; discouraged and dismissed by health care professionals.
Left high & dry, flying blind. Left with my diabetes not managed.
HbA1c is not down to me.

Ralph is your main complaint that you're not being given a meter and home testing strips by the surgery? You've certainly had more input than me from the services from what you've said. You've been on a diabetes awareness course, seen a dietician and have a DSN. I'm confused what the issues are because from the time you've been on here, you've obviously caught on to what's necessary in terms of reducing carbs and exercising as best you can. And your levels aren't bad at all. Clearly you're doing something right.
When they take blood and your b/p, do you ask what they're for?

The dietician is dead set against managing or controlling carbs, not provided any help in managing my diet. Told me to idnore my BG and do nothing. Had a big problem because I'd had bacon once. Tried talking to her about carbs and she told me to stop looking on here to as it would just confuse me.

Desmond: what I got from them on food was: "It be kind of nice if you didn't eat quite so many puddings, like apple pie and custard." Some info about tests. A lot of time spent on fats and arteries and heart problems. Nothing to help with the praticals of managing diabetes. It's an introduction. Just a start.

Having changed GP practice, I'm seeing a new practice nurse. I'm actually getting some support from this one. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back