HBA1C result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So I had my results back today. In June 22 I was 80. In September 22 I was 50. And today I am

68F9187F-5814-449A-9DC0-6B210E28B3B7.jpeg

Wow! Huge congratulations on your reduced HbA1c - back down in to the range below the point where you’d be considered ‘at risk’.

You must be delighted!

Well done!

Thank you, I had a slight fear it may not have continued going down but it has so was pleased with the result. I am just waiting for my cholesterol results, fingers crossed they have come down too

Just keep doing what you are doing @Jenny65 🙂

Oh jenny, you should be so proud of yourself. Amazing what you have achieved ! Fingers crossed for cholesterol xx

Many, many congratulations! Fab result and just reward for all the effort you have put into managing your diabetes. Proud of you! WELL DONE!

Congratulations @Jenny65 !!! Hope the cholesterol levels are good too

Thanks for the lovely posts, it means a lot especially as it was all of you the motivated me to keep going even when I was struggling, this place was my medication! I only had the blood test on Friday so was suprised to get this result back this morning! I think they are sending them off to different labs as they took 4 phials of blood from me, one was the Hba1c, one is cholesterol and one is for LFTs not sure of the 4th think it may be thyroid as I had contacted them about feeling exhausted all the time. I feel great at the moment though.

One major change is I have sprouts with every meal! (apart from breakfast) I do wonder if my cholesterol may not be so good as it should though as I was having full fat Greek yoghurt with berries instead of porridge as was told the full fat yoghurt slows down the absorption of carbs, but it may not be so good for my fat intake. We shall see.

Well done @Jenny65 - that’s brilliant! Good for you. 🙂 🙂

A question - did they send you the result? (it’s so hard to get actual results at my surgery!)

Great job! - fantastic news!!

So I had my results back today. In June 22 I was 80. In September 22 I was 50. And today I am

View attachment 24080
That’s brilliant news Jenny, I expect you’re delighted, and it shows what can be achieved. I hope all the other results are good too x

Hi @Jenny65 That is an absolutely amazing achievement. Your determination and hard work has really paid off. You must be thrilled. I really hope your cholesterol is within the normal range. Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed.

Oh dear, got my other results back, not so good, oddly no mention of triglycerides though. My surgery have asked me to make a telephone appointment to discuss them,they called it a routine telephone appointment to make within next 4 weeks and the earliest I have managed to get is 9th March. I called the referral hub to chase my referral for the Lipid Clinic for genetic testing for Familial Hypercholesterolemia. I was referred on 30th June 2022 but told it was an 8 month wait, the referral hub have advised it is now a 12 month wait :( So I may just ask my GP to prescribe precautionary statins when I speak to him in March.

Anyway these are my results, if someone can explain what these mean I would be grateful and appreciate this isnt a medical view, but interested know how you would interpret these.

lipid.jpgliver.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back