Ha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Beccy, I'm getting a bit confused how many units of Humalog did you take each time? 6 units x 13 doses?

OK, so 78 units of Humalog is a lot over 4 hours. You need to let the Humalog time to work. I know it's scary and you just want the numbers to come down but taking that much can put you wt tisk of a dangerous hypo if it suddenly kicks in. I would stop taking Humalog and keep a close eye on your bloods.

Also, are you drinking enough water and staying hydrated? Being dehydrated can also raise your blood sugars.

OK, so 78 units of Humalog is a lot over 4 hours. You need to let the Humalog time to work. I know it's scary and you just want the numbers to come down but taking that much can put you wt tisk of a dangerous hypo if it suddenly kicks in. I would stop taking Humalog and keep a close eye on your bloods.
Okei thank you for helping me☺️

Are you struggling with the actual way to inject or do you mean that you aren't sure how much insulin to take?

Your doctor or another professional (we have nurses trained to help with diabetes), should have explained this to you so that you understood and were confident.

Two useful rules to start with are:
1) 10g carbs raises blood sugar by 2-3 mmol/L
2) 1 unit of bolus insulin (Humalog for you) lowers blood sugar by 2 mmol/L

This is only a rough guide for the average person but it might give you a starting point. I hope this makes sense but just ask if you are not sure.

What part of the injection is difficult? Is it putting the needle in your skin or something else?

Do you know to get rid of the first 2 units e.g. into a sink or something, to make sure there is no air in the needle.

What part of the injection is difficult? Is it putting the needle in your skin or something else?

Do you know to get rid of the first 2 units e.g. into a sink or something, to make sure there is no air in the needle.
Yes i always do that.
II have been 236 kilo and have loose skin. I dont know the right way. Sometimes it hurt usually not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back