Guess the HbA1c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh running out of numbers but I reckon 47 x😉

I’m going with 49, as I think that in spite of your bad cold, you’ve levelled it out with being good. :D

I'm going to go with 47 too.

52, ‘cos nobody else said this and I’m competitive. 🙂

42 I go with the life, the universe and everything...

Reviving an old forum tradition... Just for fun in the crazy ‘random number generator’ world that is diabetes... no prizes apart from the glory and adoration of fellow forum members of your prophetic prowess.

I’m having my bloods taken tomorrow for by annual GP review (I have a pump clinic at the hospital and annual review / toe tickling etc at the GPs).

For clues: Last time was 49mmol/L (6.6%), and recently results have been pretty reasonable with decent amount of time ‘in range’. But I had a horrendous cold in December early Jan with majorly elevated and erratic BGs.

Good luck!
Hi Mike,
How did it go today with your test?

Dave

Well I daresay they got the blood out of his arm OK - but the results usually take at least 24 hours to get to the lab get tested and report back - I recall a certain London hospital have an 'instant' HbA1c machine, but not normal GP surgeries or other hospitals AFAIK.

Hi Mike,
How did it go today with your test?

Dave

Haha! Well it was a first... I arrived and waited the standard 15-20 minutes before being called in, only to be told by a rather confused practise nurse that they don’t take blood samples on Friday afternoons!

The appointment was booked by someone ‘in training’, so it seems that they got a bit mixed up.

my appointment to collect the results is still the same, so I’ll be keeping you all on pins until 28th Feb :D:D:D

(unless I sneak a peek on the surgery log-in thingy)

I recall a certain London hospital have an 'instant' HbA1c machine, but not normal GP surgeries or other hospitals AFAIK.
Quite a few hospitals have a machine that can confirm hba1c from a finger prick test in just a few minutes these days, even my local hospital which had their a&e department amongst other departments shut down a long time ago xx

You're too old a hand to have let it slip, so I'm going for 46!

Yes Kaylz. However Mike didn't go to a hospital - he went to his GP!

I've never seen such a machine either at the teaching hospital D Clinic in Coventry (medical students attend Warwick Uni which is also in Coventry!) or their satellite hospital in Rugby that I attend.

First let me find my crystal ball... Aha here it is!
Mike as you know I had a chest infection prior to Christmas and my bgls were way all over the place with the meds I was prescribed and I dreaded my HbA1c result but.......I needn't have worried. Therefore on the basis that you weren't taking any meds for your cold that would impact your bgls I will guestimate that your number will be 41mmol/mol. (The same as mine) I don't think it will be higher than 49mmol/mol tho Mike. Mystic Wirralass predicts you'll be pleasantly surprised if only by a difference of 1.0mmol/mol or 2.0mmol/mol.
WL
Edited.

Yes Kaylz. However Mike didn't go to a hospital - he went to his GP!

I've never seen such a machine either at the teaching hospital D Clinic in Coventry (medical students attend Warwick Uni which is also in Coventry!) or their satellite hospital in Rugby that I attend.
Mines only has diabetes outpatient clinic 2 days a month so I'm surprised bigger places like you've mentioned dont have them xx

When we lived in South Wales, over 8 years ago now, the RGH in Newport had one.

Good luck! I say 43.:D

Haha! Well I’m not sure I’ll be reaching down to some of those more optimistic predictions! But we can live in hope eh :D

That’s annoying about the appointment though. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back