Group 7-day waking average?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning

Text MIL with the hoover details last night, she's dropping it off at Bruce's as todays a stressful enough one as it is for me without more to be seeing to :(

6.6 after 4 oat nobblies, going through them like god knows what but any less basal and my levels rise in the afternoon and won't come down :(
xx

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
3.5 for me this morning and that was after a Hypo Hero an hour earlier. Think I over egged my evening Levemir last night at 5 units but I hadn't been for a walk for a few days. Need to head along to the surgery to pick up my repeat prescription... Libre sensors and Fiasp. Very much doubt they will be Libre 2 as I haven't done anything about that yet and not sure I am that bothered anyway, but it will happen when it happens.

@Robin Congratulations on the HS, especially when it happened as a result of careful consideration and good judgement.... please don't now tell us you flipped a coin. ;)

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
3.5 for me this morning and that was after a Hypo Hero an hour earlier. Think I over egged my evening Levemir last night at 5 units but I hadn't been for a walk for a few days. Need to head along to the surgery to pick up my repeat prescription... Libre sensors and Fiasp. Very much doubt they will be Libre 2 as I haven't done anything about that yet and not sure I am that bothered anyway, but it will happen when it happens.

@Robin Congratulations on the HS, especially when it happened as a result of careful consideration and good judgement.... please don't now tell us you flipped a coin. ;)
If you look at this thread, post #87, I’ve put a summary of what Abbot told us in yesterday's webinar about Libre 2 availability
https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/libres.90622/page-5. (I had a medication review with my GP yesterday, but didn’t ask about it, because I checked the Oxfordshire Formulary and it’s not on there yet)
Careful consideration and good judgement? I didn’t exactly flip a coin, but call it 'gut feeling'

Bazzlejet

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all, 16.0 this morning.

Yesterday was a good day. Definitely feeling better after my chat with the GP nurse last night. She is going to pass me on to the Diabetic Nurse, who will get in touch. She has left a load of leaflets for me at the clinic to pick up to. Also, got my copy of "the first year: Type 2 Diabetes" and started reading it.... i can see why people rave about it, brilliant so far.

Another positive, last night before my evening meal i recorded my lowest reading so far 13.9... yay :D

Have a great day :)

Fagor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
5.7 for me before breakfast.
3.7 at 05:00 so 8g carbs and 4.8 before getting out of bed.
Clinic (telephone) yesterday. As usual told doing fine, as usual I think too many BS > 10.0.
Getting Novopen 5's, using 3's for about 12 years. But don't think they do 1/2 units, but can get round that.
And told might get The Jab sooner than expected due to age, T1 & BP. So just waiting for the call if I can manage to answer mobile.

MeeTooTeeTwo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Belated birthday wishes to you @Bexlee and I believe it's @adrian1der whose the birthday boy today.
Congrats also to @Robin for another HS. :D
4.7 for me this am. :)

Dez

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
8.4 this morning which is slightly better than yesterday, I need to work on lowering it now. My blood pressure is now under control mainly with exercise now I need to lower my BS
have a good day everyone
Have you done the occasional finger prick after your exercise? That’s when I get my lowest readings.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@adrian1der hear you are a Birthday boy, many happy returns and hope you have a lovely day x

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I believe it's @adrian1der whose the birthday boy today.
I am indeed - 56 years young today. A 6.1 at 07:07 this morning.

My son started "back" to school this morning. He's in the sitting room on teams. Live lessons until 10:40 and a 20 minute break. Then live lessons 11:00-13:00 and a final lesson 14:00-15:00. The school has set video PE challenges for 15:00-17:00 and then a supervised prep session (home-work) from 17:00-18:00. He'll be shattered by the time he is finished!

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have you done the occasional finger prick after your exercise? That’s when I get my lowest readings.
For me it depends on the intensity of the exercise. If I do a gentle or moderate session BG drops but if I do an intense session my BG rises. I think @rebrascora finds the same thing.

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks everyone. To feed @KARNAK some ammunition, I wonder what the wife has got for me?

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well yesterday was a grey, wet and miserable start here in Berkshire and today is no better. In fact I would say it's worse. At least my 5.2 this morning started the day with a plus.

Had my eye screening yesterday at our local Community Hospital. Last time I went the waiting room was packed. This time only me and four other people there, including a couple with a young child. However, when the nurse came to collect them she said only one parent was allowed to come through so the dad stayed behind - then took off his mask and put it on the chair next to him while he focussed on his phone, despite signs everywhere saying you had to wear a mask inside the hospital. The other person didn't have a mask at all, just a snood, which he kept pulling down every few minutes to take deep breaths. I quietly retreated to a part of the waiting room as far away from the two of them as I could get.

Drops in, photos taken, results in 4-6 weeks they said.

Hope you have better weather than us, but I suspect not, especially the further north you are.

Martin