Gotcempty of coke

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to eat regularly. Make a daily/weekly meal plan that has low carbs, some fats, some protein. That should help keep your blood glucose more level. but you also need to keep sweets/candy for when it goes too low. This is your life and you need to be in control, don't let diabetes control you. The meds could lower your BG too much if you are not eating regularly.

@janw as @Stressabeccy is on insulin there really isn't a need for her to go low carb and fats and protein can be even more difficult to manage with insulin due to delaying carbs hitting the system, also if an insulin user knows how to handle their insulin dosing there isn't a need to eat at regular intervals etc

@Stressabeccy I know you say your healthcare system isn't very good but I urge you to really push for more help and don't take no for an answer, stress how difficult things are and how you have lost hypo awareness as it is really dangerous to be in the situation you are in xx

@janw as @Stressabeccy is on insulin there really isn't a need for her to go low carb and fats and protein can be even more difficult to manage with insulin due to delaying carbs hitting the system, also if an insulin user knows how to handle their insulin dosing there isn't a need to eat at regular intervals etc
Ah okay, still getting to grips with the various types of diabetes and the varieties within, very confusing each one. Sorry.

Ah okay, still getting to grips with the various types of diabetes and the varieties within, very confusing each one. Sorry.
Beccy is in Norway and is struggling with lack of support from the health system there.

@Kaylz.... to be fair to @janw Beccy's profile shows her as Type2 but I very much have my doubts about that and obviously her basal/bolus insulin regime means that she can eat as and when she feels like it provided she balances carbs to insulin, which unfortunately seems to not be going so well, although I suspect the high basal dose of Toujeo (80 units I believe) may be a major factor in Beccy's difficulties.

I totally agree that she needs to keep pushing for more support but I have a feeling the medical professionals who are currently advising her may have very limited knowledge of insulin usage .... which to my mind is very dangerous.

I dont feel this easy. IT is horrible but feel very jugded. I dont like that. Best for me and all to leave this side.

Idont say nothing more. Bye
Beccy, I think you may have misunderstood a reply. There is absolutely no criticism of you here, just the lack of support from your doctors in helping you manage this.

Is it something I said which has hurt you? If so I am really sorry as that was never my intention, so I can only assume you misunderstood my meaning... or I explained myself badly.

Hi Beccy
There was no criticism of you but of the lack of support you are able to get from your doctors and possibly the poor advice you are getting from them.

Beccy, can you quote the bit that upset you because we don't understand why you are upset and we certainly didn't mean to upset you? We all know it is not easy which is why we are worried about you.

Beccy, can you quote the bit that upset you because we don't understand why you are upset and we certainly didn't mean to upset you? We all know it is not easy which is why we are worried about you.
I have nothing left to say

Because it seem like you all jugde me, and that i not take this diabetic seriosly and that hurts. I do my very best and try to be better. I like me here with all of you men it quote hard Even if i am stupid i am Just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back