Frio or not to Frio???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I might start travelling about and might go to do some fruit picking in the middle of nowhere and obviously I won't have my driver (mother) with me so it will be difficult to get to a doctor!

I think they fly to you in the middle of nowhere, best make sure you've got good travel insurance 😱

Australian Flying Doctors

Royal Flying Doctor Service - see http://www.flyingdoctor.net/ Never had to call on them to help, but we did check that our radio could contact them if needed - and listening to radio traffic was interesting, to say the least. Not much of it connected with health / medicine, but if anything personal was being discussed, we turned off.

There might be a solution in Australia to your lack of mother to drive you...
I passed my driving test at a remote settlement in northern Western Australia, where after detailed theory test, driving test consisted of driving a 4WD vehicle round four left turns, no roundabouts, no traffic lights, while being questioned by the policeman conducting the test asked me very detailed questions about catching, cooking and eating large river prawns.

Not really expecting to need a helicopter guys, but thanks for the vote of confidence 😉

Not really expecting to need a helicopter guys, but thanks for the vote of confidence 😉

My new neighbours son is a helicopter pilot! And short of work! Maybe he can take you all the way down under!!😛

My new neighbours son is a helicopter pilot! And short of work! Maybe he can take you all the way down under!!😛

On one tank of fuel - now there would be a challenge... 🙄

There might be a solution in Australia to your lack of mother to drive you...
I passed my driving test at a remote settlement in northern Western Australia, where after detailed theory test, driving test consisted of driving a 4WD vehicle round four left turns, no roundabouts, no traffic lights, while being questioned by the policeman conducting the test asked me very detailed questions about catching, cooking and eating large river prawns.

eh??😱😱😱

I can only think of rude responses to this.

lol it's already taken me almost a year 😉

Trust YOU to read only rude responses to that comment 😛

Thought it rather funny myself.

How on earth has this got from Frio bags to helicopters down under !!!!:confused::confused:

Thought it rather funny myself.

How on earth has this got from Frio bags to helicopters down under !!!!:confused::confused:

Does it matter? It's far more interesting now 😉

Okay I can see the blue response now! Next time I'll try harder to stick with the topic, but it's so hard!

Okay I can see the blue response now! Next time I'll try harder to stick with the topic, but it's so hard!

Thats even worse 🙂🙂🙂

Aircraft Down Under

Sorry to have responded to Einstein's comment about flying in Australia - but RFDS use mainly (perhaps exclusively) fixed wing aircraft, not helicopters.
Most driving tests in Australia are carried out by driving test inspectors in urban areas, but in rural areas, police take on the reponsibility due to the huge distances adn expenses of bringing in testers.
Back to Frio bags, although we've probably agreed some people think they're great, others have found much cheaper ways of looking after their insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back