Foot moisturiser

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not between the toes? Why not?

You have to keep your socks on if you do it on going to bed otherwise it gets all over.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Be long hike.

Once over always bath, nowadays prefer hot shower, odd occasion will have long soak in bath.
Wouldn't bother me, I'd do pretty much anything for a shower after so far 6 days of not and being a mink! :( want them finished for Friday so I can jump in for a nice long shower Saturday night so I'm not too long without a sensor on! xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not between the toes? Why not?
Some don't absorb well and if between the toes stay wet it can cause infections hence why you should always make sure between the toes is fully dried after washing xx

Mark C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Learning loads here, thanks everyone. Bought some cream, forget the brand but it's 10% urea and Swedish.

My feet seem fine but better do as they suggest! The only thing I've ever moisturised before is my beard!

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Some don't absorb well and if between the toes stay wet it can cause infections hence why you should always make sure between the toes is fully dried after washing xx
Well done @Kaylz spot on.:)

SweetGuy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
E45. It is quite expensive but your doctor should give it you on prescription if you ask them.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
E45. It is quite expensive but your doctor should give it you on prescription if you ask them.
Many things that used to be prescribed but can be bought over the counter, are no longer being allowed to be prescribed, by many CCG's.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
You can get moisturising socks from superdrug. Put your favorite moisturiser on your feet, then put the socks on and wear them overnight.

Ivostas66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I tend to be bought things for my feet every Christmas by members of my family (they have clearly heard that diabetics need to take care of their feet!) One of the best things I have is a Kaeso Pedicure set - lotions, scrubs and spritz for feet. The tea tree and ginger spray and the mandarin spritz are great at the end of a long working day. I also find O'Keefe's healthy feet balm really good at softening hard skin - it's also relatively inexpensive. I'm worried that my DSN has a foot fetish as she always gives out an 'ooh' and a 'lovely' when she checks my feet and has told me how nice it is to see someone with healthy feet for a change!

Dove

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Would cetroban cream be good for massaging the feet. I have type 2 diabetes

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Would cetroban cream be good for massaging the feet. I have type 2 diabetes

Welcome to the forum @Dove

I don’t often moisturise my feet, but I’m getting through a lot of the Palmers Coconut Oil / Cocoa Butter and/or Neutrogena handcream on my hands and knuckles these days. They are all splitting and cracking from the early morning dog walks :eek:

I have often seen flexitol recommended by members here for feet, and keep meaning to try it.

I’ve not heard of Cetroban I’m afraid.

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I started using the flexitol last week and I can already start to see a slow improvement.