Foot moisturiser

Mark C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've been told by the podiatrist that folk with diabetes are supposed to moisturise their feet every day. I've never moisturised my feet before! My question is do any of you do this, and if so, is there a particular lotion/potion I should buy?

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I do mine once in a while, but don't use anything special, hand cream, body lotion all seem to do the trick - I suspect it is more the attention and massage which are the reasons - so you realize early on that you have numbness or an injury.

Greys

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I saw a podiatrist recently as well and they told me the same. I now use heel genius by soap and glory. It has a high content of the ingredient the podiatrist said we needed (forgot what it was now though!). Very nice smelling moisturiser.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've been told by the podiatrist that folk with diabetes are supposed to moisturise their feet every day. I've never moisturised my feet before! My question is do any of you do this, and if so, is there a particular lotion/potion I should buy?
I do mine every day, with particular attention to my heels. Previously my heels would be hard and dry to the extent that they would sometimes crack and bleed. I use Neutragena as we always have it in the house, especially during the cold months. My heels are firm and smooth these days.

Martin

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I told my diabetes nurse I use E45, she was more than pleased.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I use the ones by Palmers Cocoa Butter people. I think it’s called Foot Magic. It’s quite heavy duty so I massage it in and then pop socks back on.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Urea is the substance that is recommended - so some more label studying this time along the cosmetics shelves.

Mark C

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the info folks, I'll have a look for some.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I used to moisturise them every day but when covid hit and my hand washing OCD got really bad again I stopped as my hands are being washed enough and are very dry and sore (especially just now) but I used Vaseline Aloe Vera body lotion as was only £1.99 (I think) at Savers for a big bottle and worked really well but since I've changed to hard sole slippers my feet aren't as dry as they were before anyway xx

Piglet

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
in olden days people used to say that as you spend most of the day on your feet you should moisturise your feet as often as you do your face.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
T.W. and @JJay are perfectly correct, Podiatrist recommend Flexitol with 10% Urea Cream.

If your feet are bad enough they can prescribe it, remember not between the toes.

chaoticcar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I bought some coconut oil but it was too coconutty for frying so l use it as a moisturiser ,it works wonders !!
Carol

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Flexitol Moisturising Foot Cream, every morning. Feet have never been so good!
Bought in a 500g pump pack from Amazon: Flexitol

Use same product, none better. Apply everyday after showering, keeps feet feeling like baby's bum.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

kkma0706

I use Allpresan which is a little more expensive than some but I like the mousse consistency and the fact it absorbs quickly, I find it extremely effective, especially for stubborn dry and cracked heels.