Flying with pump + usual diabetic clobber?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil - I'm gobsmacked about your Tupperware container.

Now bearing in mind when going abroad we are told to take 2 x as much of everything as we know we'll need ... a box of cannulas measures 15ins x 3ins x 3 ins. There are 10 in a box; I change every 2 days so for a fortnight (x 2) that's 15 cannulas. The inserter. Sharps container (I use a smallish plastic thing with a 'childproof' lid on hol) I'd need 3 reservoirs. 4 pots of test strips. Spare meter. 2 vials of insulin - in a Frio obviously so that takes up much more room than just the insulin. At least 3 packets of 10 syringes. Oh, Ketostix. Some loose Sterets. And hypo remedies, including the good old jab, that's in the Frio with the insulin.

No Way Pedro would any of that go in the hold - let it out of my sight? - you must be joking.

Fortunately we usually go in our motorhome these days just to Europe so I have half a locker that's just my junk. But when we go to Oz again (which we will) we may go for a whole month so it'll be the pits carting all that lot.

Much more junk than there ever was on MDI !

To be fair.....it is quite a large tupperware box 😉.....and there's always my other OH's handbag! 😉

Hi Trophwrench you should try going to Istanbul on a Motor bike & Spain with a tent/sleeping bags on back.

Well we haven't done it since I had the pump HOBIE but we have been all over France motorbike camping, sometimes on the Blackbird, sometimes on the Trophy (hence the handle) - other half is AKA Trophychap!

Have Frio will travel - but I couldn't do it now, need far too much 'stuff' with a pump!

Funnily enough was trying me leathers on the other week as Grandson - 16the other week - has just got a moped and passed his CBT - and he'd brought his 'kit' here to see if I approved - I don't care about the colour, just let me feel the armour, you know the drill - anyway I was looking for a polar buff to give him - gave him me Bugs Bunny one! LOL and thought, can I still fit in these 'thin' trousers? - yes I can! Good old Lycra!

Hope others know what a "polar buff" is! Great for cycling & hiking, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back