flu injections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had the flu jab I will be going on holiday around 20th October heard you can get the flu after this jab anyone had this if so how long did the symptoms last?

'Phoned the surgery on spec, and surprisingly got appointments for Dad and I for the 1st Sat in Oct for 'flu jab

So now just need to keep healthy until then

I have never had the flu jab I will be going on holiday around 20th October heard you can get the flu after this jab anyone had this if so how long did the symptoms last?

As far as I know it is impossible to get the flu from having the jab, as it's a dead version of the virus that simply stimulates our immune system to create antibodies against it and consequently the real thing, should we become exposed to it.

It's perfectly possible to have a cold just after a flu jab and think the two are connected, but they're not. If flying, air conditioning on planes increases your chances of getting a respiratory infection, such as cold or flu or anything else transmitted by droplets.

I was giving my prescription in so i booked mine, they looked at me funny but then read my prescription and was like when do you want it!
Don't judge a book by it's cover people, dear me.

I asked at my surgery and have been booked in for 5th October. Impressed.

I never get it, but this year being pregnant might be a good idea for me. Not heard about it yet, should do soon. x

Unless they do the Swine Flu one again, I won't be having it this year either. It's a pain being allergic to eggs.

Just had my letter in the post this morning and im booked in for 2 weeks today

I am going to give it a couple more weeks before phoning my idiot and getting one done.

I have been booked in for 8th October. Asked if could wait until November when my next nurse appt is but was told might not have any left then!

Our surgery has put a big banner up in the town saying that there is a drop-in jab clinic on the 9th Oct headed up "Get your flu jab". We shall go along to that one and get it out of the way but they are also holding 2 appointment-only clinics at dates later in October. I had my pneumonia jab a couple of years ago and I think you only get that one once - might be wrong though !

Anyway, for sleepy Somerset I think that's really on the ball........

don't live in the UK but have got my 'invitation'.
One of the pharmacies in town has a huge plastic blow up syringe in their window bearing the words
'le Vaccin contre la grippe saisonni?re est arriv?!'.
Put me off somewhat and it doesn't quite seem to have the same attraction as similar adverts for beaujolais nouveau🙂

You don't get appointments at my GP's, they just do a drop in clinic. Naturally with times/dates that aren't the greatest for me. Never been offered a pneumonia vaccine though!

I've never been offered one for pneumomia either. Perhaps at the rate I've been getting chest infections I ought to ask for one.

Unbelievably ive just had a phone call to ask if they could bring the appointment forward to this wednesday at 5.30 .🙂 happy days

Mine is 9th October. First time for me as I have just turned 65 and newly diagnosed with type1. Double whammy!

Mine is 9th October. First time for me as I have just turned 65 and newly diagnosed with type1. Double whammy!

Hi John, welcome to the forum 🙂 I was diagnosed Type 1 fairly late in life too, aged 49. We also have other members around your own age who haven't been diagnosed long, or were diagnosed Type 1.5 (a slow-onset kind of Type 1). If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll do our best to help 🙂

My Doctor must be on the ball, when I went in to see her regarding something else she had it all ready, so I had the jab there and then on Friday last week. I have been fine all weekend and had no after effects whatsoever! :D

i'm suprised i haven't had a letter yet as i noticed at the doctors today that they are doing them next week, but i was asked by the nurse today if i wanted to make an appointment and i said no.
I know its not proven that they flu jab can give you colds but in my experience when i've had the jab a get a lot of colds for the following 6 months and when i don't have it i'm fine, so i'm sticking to not having it for now.
I still need to get a pneumonia one tho- i keep forgetting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back