flu injections

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
well people its that time of year again for the flu injections got my appointment though yesterday its on the 5th of october has anyone else hear from there gps yet ?

Hi Twinnie,

I went online to sort out a repeat script, and there was a scrolling message at the top of the screen saying book from 26th Sept, don't wait for your letter! Although I probably will!

Cheers

Rossi

Hi Twinnie, i've not heard from my G.P. yet but sure i will soon.

not yet hun i will end up having to ring them and chase it up grr.

my gps are really quick on the mark this year normally i have my review at the end of oct and have to plead with the nurse to have it then

eer.. am I supposed to have a flu jab?

Mines booked for 7th Oct. My surgery is on the ball!

Not been mentioned to me at all - anybody else not been told?
Just wondering if d/e still have to have it?

Got my letter last week & all booked for the 2nd October!

Not been mentioned to me at all - anybody else not been told?
Just wondering if d/e still have to have it?

hi there lucy to my knowledge all diabetics are offered the flu injection by there gps i might be wrong you would normally get a letter from the gps inviting you to go and have it done some gps are quicker than others 🙂

Thanks all, well still learning something new each day.
Should I wait to see if hear anything? I bet I don't!

Mine's booked for Wednesday, the day before I go on holiday which may not have been a good move...

I've had my letter, just a question of when I make the effort to book 🙂

No letter here yet...I asked about it in the surgery the other day, and was told that they had some in, but were writing to people in order by qualification (all OAPs, then all diabetics, asthmatics, etc etc). Strange!

Normally they just have an open surgery on a Saturday morning to turn up and get it. Fun fun fun, I react to one of the preservatives and my arm swells up for a week 😱

No word up here yet usually about October November time we get the letter.

I phoned up for my repeat prescription and the receptionst booked me in for the end of October at the same time.

mines on 19th october , havnt had the letter yet though but the doc's had a big sign up last time i went in for a repeat prescription , so i booked in then , it is early this year last year i didnt get offered 1 till nov!
im just hopeing it doesnt give me flu.... it usually does...does that happen to anyone else?

I got my appointment for the flu clinic on 29th Sept, it was booked at my last diabetic clinic at the end of August.

Booked in for 6th Oct. there were flyers and posters all over the docs surgery to remind evry1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back