Finally... a new job!!

Paul, @Busdriver60, I wish you the very best fortune for tomorrow. It's bound to be a bit nerve testing - a new adventure. But I'm sure you'll quickly smash that anxiety and thrive in the different environment. There's a fair amount of rain forecast, which might give you a "softer" start with possibly less customers/visitors, allowing time for you to enjoy even more the Learning that might be needed. Good luck. PS: don't forget to put am extra snack in your new D bag! Just in case ....
Thank you Proud to be erratic, yes I am a little nervous, but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm sure it will be a great challenge and will find a different and pleasant environment with lots of nice people. I love hard work and will learn new skills. It's not just about the money but the variety too. Looking forward to it!

Best of luck for tomorrow @Busdriver60

The forum is rooting for you!

Congratulations on your new job. I didn't realise that you had to surrender a licence as a professional driver if you were diabetic unless it was Type 1. Must have been awful for you and you must be very relieved to have found something new. I hope you enjoy it.

I was one of those lucky people who spent a month looking for work after I left college but was never unemployed after that. I am getting on a bit though and I was fortunate to live in the days when you just walked out of one job into another. Also I spent most of my working life in the public sector where you are mostly looked after better even if you do end up suffering ill health.

Yes thank you, the work was very varied and interesting. I like a good challenge!

Congratulations on your new job. I didn't realise that you had to surrender a licence as a professional driver if you were diabetic unless it was Type 1. Must have been awful for you and you must be very relieved to have found something new. I hope you enjoy it.

I was one of those lucky people who spent a month looking for work after I left college but was never unemployed after that. I am getting on a bit though and I was fortunate to live in the days when you just walked out of one job into another. Also I spent most of my working life in the public sector where you are mostly looked after better even if you do end up suffering ill health.
Thank you. Yes it was pretty devastating when I had to stop driving, it was so sudden and I had no idea it would happen like that. When I became unemployed, it was probably the lowest point of my life. I had no self esteem. But now it's all changed now I found work again. I can hold my head up high again!

Back