Fat free or full fat foid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , are you suggesting that diabetes is not a modern desease ?
It doesn't seem so.
The first known mention of diabetes symptoms was in 1552 B.C., when Hesy-Ra, an Egyptian physician, documented frequent urination as a symptom of a mysterious disease that also caused emaciation.

It doesn't seem so.
The first known mention of diabetes symptoms was in 1552 B.C., when Hesy-Ra, an Egyptian physician, documented frequent urination as a symptom of a mysterious disease that also caused emaciation.

Hi , I stand corrected.

Hi ,how long have fast food outlet's been around , Indian and Chinese takeaway etc !

I believe generally diabetics in a modern desease fueled by poor diet and general living standards.

Not only is it not a modern disease, I don't believe it's down to Chinese takeaways either.
In my case it was down to having a lifestyle that gave the opportunity to make myself morbidly obese.

Hi ,how long have fast food outlet's been around , Indian and Chinese takeaway etc !

I believe generally diabetics in a modern desease fueled by poor diet and general living standards.

I had a fairly healthy diet, very rarely had a take-away and always cook from scratch. I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth either. I’m a well educated, retired professional with good living standards.
You might want to have a re-think before you cast such aspersions.

I had a fairly healthy diet, very rarely had a take-away and always cook from scratch. I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth either. I’m a well educated, retired professional with good living standards.
You might want to have a re-think before you cast such aspersions.

Hi Midgie , I have and I stand corrected.

Regarding grandparents, both males on my side had physically demanding jobs, no cars back then so would walk to work.

Certainly lifestyle was more physical than now don't mind admitting, on dad's side they were Irish so potato's stews bread veg from allocment homemade puddings featured heavy in their diet, amount of activity meant those excess cals were soon burnt off.

Regarding grandparents, both males on my side had physically demanding jobs, no cars back then so would walk to work.

Certainly lifestyle was more physical than now don't mind admitting, on dad's side they were Irish so potato's stews bread veg from allocment homemade puddings featured heavy in their diet, amount of activity meant those excess cals were soon burnt off.

Same as mine.
No one was "low carb" or "keto"
A very healthy high carb, high exercise diet was the order of the day.
Sedentary lifestyle is the killer now.
Mums side.
No "automatic" washing machine.
Single tub and a day a week at least for washing.
My grandma was a dolly tub.
A lot of exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back