Exante

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Felinia I do prefer the Tesco but I was being lazy, as the SlimFast bottles are so convenient. I'll go back to the Tesco then and decant if out and about, thanks for the input. 🙂

Well I have to say, name aside, Shake The Weight mrp shakes are seemingly quite tasty. They’re nowhere near as sweet as exante but as I’m only just starting to reintroduce them I’ll give a more thorough report in a bit.

I’ve been using Protein works in lieu of Exante. They have a good flavour selection, quite sweet, but pricier I think.

I’ve been using Protein works in lieu of Exante. They have a good flavour selection, quite sweet, but pricier I think.
Which specific product are you using?
Their shakes seem to range from 85 calories each to significantly higher.

Which specific product are you using?
Their shakes seem to range from 85 calories each to significantly higher.
I’ve been using the Diet Meal Replacement Extreme.
I find their product names quite melodramatic

Some good suggestions here for replacing Exante - thank you! I find myself subbing them for breakfast and lunch quite frequently but I bulk bought last year and hadn't realised how drastically their range had reduced til this week, and now find myself scrabbling for a replacement!
Someone elsewhere recommended Purition to me but they aren't the same type of shake at all, they're a whole food blend instead of protein/milk powder blend and a lot chunkier/grittier. Their serving suggestions also increase calorie count by a bit so I'd caution against buying them as a direct replacement for Exante even though they are tasty.
Hoping some company pops up with a near identical format to Exante at some point in the near future, if someone has sensed the gap in the market.

Morning all, I know this is old now but I've just (re) joined and this popped up as I was scrolling. I was a good customer of Exante, but as others have said the QC was awful as was availability a lot of the time. My problem wasn't the shakes, it was actually using them :( I have about 70 in the cupboard that are out of date, but I will use them - they smell and taste fine. I went to order more but discovered they were ceasing. After a lot of comparing, I ordered from KeeDiet. They have a much more limited range but they came well packaged and on time. I also read good things about New You Plan shakes and follow a couple of people doing the plan. I may try them next. They all seem to have deals on and one is even offereing a discount to Exante customers lol (not that they can know who they are or are not).

I can't comment on the shakes, because I'm in America and we don't have the same kind of shakes. I will say this though; my experience is that the shakes don't matter nearly as much as your motivation to lose the weight and get to remission. How are you doing with the weight loss so far?

I can't comment on the shakes, because I'm in America and we don't have the same kind of shakes. I will say this though; my experience is that the shakes don't matter nearly as much as your motivation to lose the weight and get to remission. How are you doing with the weight loss so far?
I meant type of shakes not that shakes don't matter, although you can follow Prof. Taylor's plan without any shakes.

I meant type of shakes not that shakes don't matter, although you can follow Prof. Taylor's plan without any shakes.
Ah yea, they are all much the same, but some do have high sugar levels. For me it's more about the taste lol. I've only started the shakes properly this week, and I'm not doing 100% meal replacement so progress will be a little slower - but I'm making better meals too so it's part of a plan of sorts.

Ah yea, they are all much the same, but some do have high sugar levels. For me it's more about the taste lol. I've only started the shakes properly this week, and I'm not doing 100% meal replacement so progress will be a little slower - but I'm making better meals too so it's part of a plan of sorts.
Everyone is a bit different even with T2D, but I kept my carbs less than 56 which I recall as being what was expected in Prof. Taylor's program. I thought that was a bit high, but in less than a week my numbers had dropped to normal range, although still a little high in the AM, then those fell in line too. I've been in officially remission for about a month. Good luck to you.

Everyone is a bit different even with T2D, but I kept my carbs less than 56 which I recall as being what was expected in Prof. Taylor's program. I thought that was a bit high, but in less than a week my numbers had dropped to normal range, although still a little high in the AM, then those fell in line too. I've been in officially remission for about a month. Good luck to you.
That's great to read. Less than a week is good, I had the same when I started Keto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back