Every days a new day and another day that goes wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my missing bolus got cleaned up by my basal as did half a units worth of lunch time. I had a feeling basal was on itscway back down again. 3.5 units is just too much on the 3rd day. That's the 3rd time of trying it. I guess i tackle dinner by reducing that by half a unit.

Looks like i may be on a 2nd day of basal dropping. I remeber it did i this time last year. Nothing sitting still long enough for me to sort out again.

How do you know it is not a case of not giving your body time to get used to the lower basal dose?
Many people fid it can take a day or two to notice the effect when they make the change even with shorter basals like Levemir.

This is is why it is advised to wait a few days before making a second change. Otherwise you will be yoyoing up and down with your dose.

How do you know it is not a case of not giving your body time to get used to the lower basal dose?
Many people fid it can take a day or two to notice the effect when they make the change even with shorter basals like Levemir.

This is is why it is advised to wait a few days before making a second change. Otherwise you will be yoyoing up and down with your dose.

Evetytime i get up to 3.5 units of levemire for the day dose, on the 3rd day i have trouble at lunchtime. Reluctantly did a basal test and after my bolusing has worn off ive dropped 3 mmol in 2 hours. In the afternoon. Last night i dropped half a unit on my dinner, half a unit on my night basal and was still in range on 8.8 when i got up. Dropped my basal this morning by half a unit. At lunchtime got the same signs as yesterday. Gave half a until less for lunch , rose slowly and already back down with 3 hours left on bolus and still dropping. If i was still on yesterdays basal id be just eating glucose all day. Perhaps most people may be able to go two days but i cant if im to still be able to function which im finding difficult to as it is. Another tell tail sign for me is how hungry i am ooh and how long it took to start rising. I read somewherr that you onky need to wait a few days when having to raise your basal, not if it needs lowering.

Last edited:

Hi @helli , I was right, seems to have stopped now back at 2.5. Breakfast worked ………………. then almost chopped my finger off prepping dinner!! Watched my blood sugars take a rise after that! My Lordy did it hurt. I almost took the soft bit of the finger tip off! My hubby stuck it back down with a finger plaster and it’s not hurting so much now. what a numpty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back