enough insulin to open my own pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam i think in the fact that you are transient in your living accomodation not knoing where you may move too its a very good idea to keep a stock ...you will not know who your next GP will be or how long it will be untill you get yourself sorted out . Insulin is a matter of life and death for T1 and 2's who use it...so having a stock is paramont...dont worry x

Indeed Rossi,

A balanced view, as you rightly say there are many reasons for holding excess stock. For me a sudden change in both insulins last week, plus being on a repeat dispensing arrangement means no flexibility for six month windows, meaning I get an overage, then I drop my next six months scripts to halve the Novorapid and within the time frame it balances out. And I just sorted my next six months out with my GP last night, with three months worth of Novorapid sitting in the fridge.

The post is pretty offensive and I'd class it includes me, his summary is unfounded anyway. As most people in this thread are type ones, he's implying that if we paid for treatment (seeing a GP, nurse or consulant) we'd be more responsible - maybe he thinks we don't bother taking our medication. On that basis we're heading to a negative life expectancy.

Perhaps looking around at other posts, including historical ones especially about the significant problems a lot of people have with pharmacies and GPs getting prescriptions wrong time after time and the waste that causes people.

I am also sure some people with this bad weather could have been caught dangerously short as pharmacies I understand seem to hold very little insulin in stock and even in Wiltshire where the weather has been very mild, there have been delays and shortages in shipments to pharmacies.

I consider the tone of the post was very poor and offensive without proper foundation.

I believe (I could be wrong) Mccuecolin is mostly shocked at the amount in the fridge, and the fact that it's still being ordered on prescription, which could be perseved as a bit wreckless, yes it's all in date but it's not exactly well planned, will it all be in date by the time it is used probably but is there a need for so much? Again this is an example of how different opinions, situations, and requirements can cause "heated debate" or even a cyber arguement!! There is good cause to have a surplus, and I think personally my shock at the amounts is mainly due to the fact that I do not use so much, but I accept others do, and we all operate differently. I hope I haven't offended by saying the above.

Peace out

Rossi🙂

Yes Sam, why do you keep ordering it? You're not a secret insulin drinker, are you?😉 (R Whites, R Whites...🙂)

stop bullllyyyyyiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

dang, you got me. I do actually drink the stuf. A shot in my coffee mmmmmmmmm

no, seriously. I actually didn't realise i had all of that stuff in date...I thought half of it was years old and out of date 😱

no, seriously. I actually didn't realise i had all of that stuff in date...I thought half of it was years old and out of date 😱

And there rests the case for the defense m' lord 😛

Does that make it R White now? :D

There's a thought - has anyone ever tasted their insulin, just to see? Might be vanilla or something!🙂

There's a thought - has anyone ever tasted their insulin, just to see? Might be vanilla or something!🙂

if it tastes anything like it smells...i'd rather not

it smells of hospital 😱

And there rests the case for the defense m' lord

Does that make it R White now? :D

🙂 will i not go to diabetes prison now? :D

What does R White mean? :confused: Am i being stupid?

Just a thought if you post insulin to each other - it will be out of the fridge while it's in transit, so only good for 28 days afterwards. Also, amke sure it has no crystals in it when you get it - in case it was left e.g. in a Royal Mail van overnight and got frozen

I remember the R Whites ad very well, the guy with the heavy frame glasses getting a bit carried away in the fridge until his wife caught him lol.

I used to like the Corona ads as well.

Bit of useless information for you, I am fairly certain that the guy in the R Whites advert was Elvis Costello's dad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back