energy drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you mention it here's a Q for you all.

Whats the difference between coke zero and diet coke??

its the caffeine in it, and the calories. I believe theres bugger all caffeine in coke zero as well as colories. Not that theres any calories in diet coke at all anyway

cor dear you lot know how to confuse little old me, thanks anyway Salmon!

Now you mention it here's a Q for you all.

Whats the difference between coke zero and diet coke??

Diet coke is nice whereas coke zero tastes like a pile of ***! 😉

i must agree i bought a bottle for first time and by god it was awful i left it for o/h and he even turned his nose up so it must of been bad :D

its the caffeine in it, and the calories. I believe theres bugger all caffeine in coke zero as well as colories. Not that theres any calories in diet coke at all anyway

there is actually 0.5 calories per 100ml in diet coke. i have a feeling there is even less in coke zero though. There is just as much caffeine in coke zero as original coke.

haha totally agree with you there.

The actual difference is apparently:

The originial Diet Coke is sweetened with Aspartame (nutrasweet). Coke Zero is sweetened with a blend of aspartame and acesulfame potassium. Coca-Cola's position is that the Coke Zero is supposed to taste more like the original Coke, but without calories or sugar.

(umm, it tastes less like real coke!)

Cheers Katie, someone said to me they were the same but coke zero was for blokes as studies showed they don't drink diet coke?:confused:!

i think that was their plan. Because it says 'Diet' on the tin some guys think it make them look like they are watching their weight and that's 'girlie' lol.

low carb sports drinks

Lucozade Sport make a powder called Hydro Active Fast Hydration (low calorie hydration powder) 1 sachet contains 14g powder, and when made up with 500ml of water, contains (all values per 100ml made up as directed): protein trace, carbohydrate 1.4g (of which sugars 0.2g) (= 7g CHO, of which 1g sugars in 500ml), fat nil, fibre nil, sodium trace, niacin 0.61g etc (I'm not going to type out all vitamins and minerals). Ingredients Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Acidity Regulators (Sodium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate), Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Aspartame), Flavouring, Vitamins (Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, 86.912).
http://www.lucozade.com/sport/products/hydration/ has more information. I don't work for Lucozade, but did recently win a running sports pack of Lucozade products, which is why I looked carefully at the nutritional information on this product, and will be using it.

I love diet coke, I hate coke zero. Tastes full of sugar yuk. Hate when people buy it in thinking they are doing me a good deed. One reletive said to me I got you this as it tasted just like the real stuff. I've been diabetic most my life so i've never drank normal coke, unless people serve me the wrong drink. Happens all the time. :D

oooh yeah smit your right a few in here have come up against that , you say is it definetly diet coke and there like yes you take 1 sip and you know straight away it bloody aint

This debate about Coke is quite strange to me. I never really drank it before diagnosis, but after diagnosis they had a special offer on and I got 12 cans for the price of 6. This was in June 2008 - I still have 5 cans left! But I really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between all the various manifestations!

oohhh i can tell northener straight away but i guess like i said earlier i was used to full sugared coke for years bout for last 6 month all i had is diet

Personally I'm a pepsi max girl and only drink diet coke or coke zero if there is really no other option!

yep i can tell straight away too. northe, if you tried full fat coke im sure you would notice the different straight away, it's like syrup!!

oooooh now kaff your talking pepsi max is just so nice but boring after a while lol

I used to drink coke quite a bit, with rum and vodka! Actually can't tell the difference betwen zero and diet to be honest. And have now moved onto vodka on the rocks, rum still has coke tho now it's diet!

I used to drink coke quite a bit, with rum and vodka! Actually can't tell the difference betwen zero and diet to be honest. And have now moved onto vodka on the rocks, rum still has coke tho now it's diet!

eek i cant do spirits straight up.

diet coke and zero are sooo different, you should taste one after the other :D coke zero tastes exactly like diet pepsi i think.

thanks people im not surprised with replies , other reason i was asking is im sick of water and diet coke.

Hi

There are loads of diet fizzy stuff around if this is what you want. Diet Orangina, diet lemonade, diet ginger beer !!!, supermarkets do their own brands and flavours of diet fizz.

There is also the diet squashes (yuk but you might like them) Toothkind Ribena etc.

Re lucozade. As an idea of how quick it works I can't use it on Jessica as it works too quickly. Jessica has 2% of her pancreas left and the reason it was removed was because it produced a constant flow of insulin and the medication didn't work. However her 2% hasn't totally burned out yet (which is not good, as it is still bad!) and it produces insulin when it feels like it but mainly when treating a hypo. We found that if we gave lucozade it shoots up the levels very quickly and out comes the insulin from the bad pancreas. However with coke, even though it is great for hypos and does shoot levels up it is not as fast as lucozade and sometimes the insulin doesn't come out.

i think they even smell diff but thats just my weird late night habits getting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back