Do you go on holidays these days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you were interested in getting some plants for your garden, how about visiting the Botanical Garden of Wales near Ammanford I think.

Holiday fair few times a year, usually just short UK breaks which suits us just fine.

Done with going abroad, can't be done with hassle anymore & can't stand hot climates now, even here it can get bit much at times. We tend to travel by train for most breaks, much prefer.it to driving as train takes you right into city town centres & there's no rip off parking charges to pay.

Yes I still go on holidays, although being type 2 on oral meds means it is not anymore difficult than before diagnosis, just adds a little bit more to our travel insurance cover. I do however usually only travel to either Spain or Spanish islands but that is more to do with with my husband being very fussy with food and my only really wanting to do flights of 4 hrs or less.

I always go to Norfolk once a year as well which is only 3 to 4 hr drive from where we live, also planning on going to Cornwall this summer, hoping my mum will be well enough to come with us and stay in a cottage,

Holiday fair few times a year, usually just short UK breaks which suits us just fine.

Done with going abroad, can't be done with hassle anymore & can't stand hot climates now, even here it can get bit much at times. We tend to travel by train for most breaks, much prefer.it to driving as train takes you right into city town centres & there's no rip off parking charges to pay.

It's the hassle and faff I can't deal with

Yes I still go on holidays, although being type 2 on oral meds means it is not anymore difficult than before diagnosis, just adds a little bit more to our travel insurance cover. I do however usually only travel to either Spain or Spanish islands but that is more to do with with my husband being very fussy with food and my only really wanting to do flights of 4 hrs or less.

I always go to Norfolk once a year as well which is only 3 to 4 hr drive from where we live, also planning on going to Cornwall this summer, hoping my mum will be well enough to come with us and stay in a cottage,

I can't deal with the heat in Spain

Spain is a large and varied country and you don't have to visit in the summer. There are winter ski resorts in some of the mountains.

The combination of the heat , the faffing about and the flying is the point I am trying to make

I am not interested in skiing

I`m hoping to have a long weekend on the Isle Of Wight later in the year. It will be my first holiday away in twelve years. My meds for my heart & my Type 2 mean that I can have a slightly dodgy stomach at times. But after open heart surgery in February, I really want to get away without the fear of collapsing in the street.

I'm off to Sicily in 11 days time, somewhere I've always wanted to visit. I don't mind leaving for the airport at 1am, as I did a trial run yesterday with a friend who had a very early flight for her holiday. What does worry me is being able to find low carb food. The hotel doesn't have a buffet - it's a continental bread breakfast and evening set menu - so bound to be loaded with breads, rice, pasta as it is Italy after all!! I'm taking my low carb shakes and soups sachets for breakfast and lunch, so hope I have a bit of flexibility left for the evening. Really looking forward to the wonderful seafood where possible.
I live in Devon so you could say I'm on permanent holiday. Over the years we have had holidays in many different parts of Britain, from Scotland to Cornwall, but always gone self catering

I'm off to Sicily in 11 days time, somewhere I've always wanted to visit. I don't mind leaving for the airport at 1am, as I did a trial run yesterday with a friend who had a very early flight for her holiday. What does worry me is being able to find low carb food. The hotel doesn't have a buffet - it's a continental bread breakfast and evening set menu - so bound to be loaded with breads, rice, pasta as it is Italy after all!! I'm taking my low carb shakes and soups sachets for breakfast and lunch, so hope I have a bit of flexibility left for the evening. Really looking forward to the wonderful seafood where possible.
I live in Devon so you could say I'm on permanent holiday. Over the years we have had holidays in many different parts of Britain, from Scotland to Cornwall, but always gone self catering

I like Devon, Minehead, blue anchor , Ilfracombe

Not so keen on Cornwall

I`m hoping to have a long weekend on the Isle Of Wight later in the year. It will be my first holiday away in twelve years. My meds for my heart & my Type 2 mean that I can have a slightly dodgy stomach at times. But after open heart surgery in February, I really want to get away without the fear of collapsing in the street.

You a lions fan bill ?

Caravan all cleaned and ready to be taken to its seasonal pitch on the east coast on Thursday. As soon as my cataract has healed, I will be joining it as often as I can 🙂

IMG_7408.jpeg

Caravan all cleaned and ready to be taken to its seasonal pitch on the east coast on Thursday. As soon as my cataract has healed, I will be joining it as often as I can 🙂

View attachment 30181

You pay to pitch it for the season ...till October?

Do you use it the rest of the year ?

If I was to go for anything it would be a small camper or static

You pay to pitch it for the season ...till October?

Do you use it the rest of the year ?

If I was to go for anything it would be a small camper or static
Yes, the last three years I have had it taken to a site at Anderby near Skegness. I then book as many times as I can and the owner pulls it out of storage and puts it on a pitch for me.

Normally, I would tow it to different places but I got a silly hybrid car three years ago which has been a nightmare getting a towbar fitted to it. I’m swapping my car this year so I will have a towbar fitted before I even take delivery this time.

I looked at lots of different options before I opted for a caravan. A motorhome is another vehicle to worry about and I’m not a fan of tents so a caravan made sense.

Yes, the last three years I have had it taken to a site at Anderby near Skegness. I then book as many times as I can and the owner pulls it out of storage and puts it on a pitch for me.

Normally, I would tow it to different places but I got a silly hybrid car three years ago which has been a nightmare getting a towbar fitted to it. I’m swapping my car this year so I will have a towbar fitted before I even take delivery this time.

I looked at lots of different options before I opted for a caravan. A motorhome is another vehicle to worry about and I’m not a fan of tents so a caravan made sense.

I would prefer a motorhome I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back