DiDkA Famous Diabetics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh shame theres noone who could give you some so you could stay a bit longer xxx

sounds like a good escape plan becks means a day off back home lie in sort out etc shhhsshhh we wont tell work honest !!

You should be OVER prepared nxt time and take up extra strips and needles you can leave there and perhaps some insulin too. lol Nothing to worry about then. I got stuff at my grandparents as we used to go up once a month and it was easier than remembering everything =)

You should be OVER prepared nxt time and take up extra strips and needles you can leave there and perhaps some insulin too. lol Nothing to worry about then. I got stuff at my grandparents as we used to go up once a month and it was easier than remembering everything =)

Absolutely. I do have a sharps box and a spare meter here, but I did something dumb with the needles when I was counting them out, and didn't remember to bring any for my lantus. Luckily I threw in some extras in case any of them were clogged. Backwards logic, but it's worked out ok in the end!

lol !! Lie ins are always worth it no matter where you are =)

*bump* ok caught up! Well written a list of all the people mentioned. Going to do my own research too & ask facebook lol. If theres anyone else you can name let me know =) xx

Steve Dixon - news reader on Sky - he mentions it quite regularly in paper reviews and was in the last issue of Balance

Sue Townsend (diary of Adrian Mole author)

Diabetes Uk may be able to provide a list - from the people they have interviewed for Balance

Which Brian Cox?

I was confused till I looked back through the thread.

Used google and came up with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox

If you try googling diabetes and celebrities there are a few sites that come up - they are US oriented though.

Another non-diabetic with links is Fred Macauley - he is Diabetes UK Scottish Ambassador and has a child with diabetes

Last edited:
Don't forget there's comedian Arthur Smith, who writes the column at the back of Balance every issue. Lives in S London and is mates with Tony Hawks who went round Ireland with a fridge etc etc.

Wasim Akram (cricketer, former captain of Pakistan) is type 1, diagnosed during/just after a test series with the Windies.

I'm sure Nick Knowles (DIY SOS etc) is diabetic too, type 1 I think.

Goodness! How can we have forgotten Arthur Smith? He's the best thing in Balance!

*bump*
As we have new members I thought I'd bump this up and see if we can get anymore names =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back