DiDkA Diet drinks awareness campaign UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also Justin Webb (not sure if he's been mentioned?) he used to be the BBC correspondent in America - he was on a lot when Obama got in. He has a recently diagnosed child.

Hiya

Philip Schofield's brother or mother is type 1, think brother.

I'm more than happy to email the Doubles, know Jacqui really well and met Olly last year and actually spoke to him on the phone last week !!

Patricia, up to you, happy for you to do that.

Not sure what I am supposed to be asking though?

🙂

hold on for a little while so we can distribute an introduction press release to send ....but thank you for all your thoughts ideas and contacts
amxx

Hiya

I think we wait and see what overall plans are. I only know 'of' Doubles tho have been in touch with jaqui... We can both try to approach, but necessarily from diff angles, which is probably v productive! I would be speaking as colleague wanting to venture upon project (my students may want to help write, for instance); whereas you would be approaching as friend and advocate. In uni terms, it's potentially interesting for daft reasons like r
research impact etc.... Really not a worthwhile reason on own to do anything, but the combination of that and 'righteousness' may swing it....!

I am bumping this so newbies can find out about the campaign DiDkA🙂

Brillaint idea..famous D who twitter might come on board...i have found dom littlewood but he hasnt tweeted for ages ....put it on the list Sacred Heart!!

Looks like Dom Littlewood is back on twitter, might be worth a tweet. Is the Didka campaign still going? :D

ha i mentioned it the other day in the pub i think ...yes its still going but im very busy re getting kids on to next stage ..gcseS out tomoorow then wales at weekend ....

Thanks for the bump I tweeted on this about a week ago as several times I've been to gigs with a normal evening meal blood sugar reading to come home from the gig with a reading of 11 or so, having only drunk diet coke and not eaten anything. I think you could really do with getting a well written press release send it out to all press, radio and TV, machine gun it everywhere with contact details for someone they can interview, get quotes off etc. Maybe see if Diabetes UK will come on board.

Also maybe approach major pub chains make sure they are aware of the danger.

Marc

Let me know if you want me to do anything Becky, I'm free at the moment, just looking for a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back