DiDkA Diet drinks awareness campaign UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea, not sure if anyone else has suggested it yet, but some of the BIG names on Twitter, like Jonathan Ross, Phillip Schofield, Stephen Fry, and various others, will often 'retweet' (I think that's the term) a worthy cause if you ask (I'm sure they get many many more requests than they actually follow up), just think how many thousands of people the DiDkA message would get out to .......................

To use my sister's favourite phrase..........."what's the WORST that could happen.......?"

Praps someone out there who's a twitter expert could do the honours......?

xx

indeed a good idea! I'm not sure how we would grab their attention though?

well done SH and AM for getting this up and running. Pints in the pub right now!

Just an idea, not sure if anyone else has suggested it yet, but some of the BIG names on Twitter, like Jonathan Ross, Phillip Schofield, Stephen Fry, and various others, will often 'retweet' (I think that's the term) a worthy cause if you ask (I'm sure they get many many more requests than they actually follow up), just think how many thousands of people the DiDkA message would get out to .......................

To use my sister's favourite phrase..........."what's the WORST that could happen.......?"

Praps someone out there who's a twitter expert could do the honours......?

xx

Brillaint idea..famous D who twitter might come on board...i have found dom littlewood but he hasnt tweeted for ages ....put it on the list Sacred Heart!!

Brillaint idea..famous D who twitter might come on board...

Oooh, is he a diabetic? In that case, why not drop him a line, I'm sure it's something that might interest him? I'm sure it might be worth a little featurette on one of his many shows - let's face it, they cover REALLY random things on The One Show - or maybe a little article in a column that he might write in some publication or other. A quick 3 or 4 minute feature/couple of paragraphs on something like that would bring it to the attention of lots of people.

Again.......................what's the worst that could happen?

xx

Oooh, is he a diabetic? In that case, why not drop him a line, I'm sure it's something that might interest him? I'm sure it might be worth a little featurette on one of his many shows - let's face it, they cover REALLY random things on The One Show - or maybe a little article in a column that he might write in some publication or other. A quick 3 or 4 minute feature/couple of paragraphs on something like that would bring it to the attention of lots of people.

Again.......................what's the worst that could happen?

xx[/QUOTE}

helen you are brilliant!! Ive already have managed to persuade his agent to pass on my emails to him ...still waiting for a response from dom himself ...but hes a busy man ...im going to keep updating the agent and maybe just maybe she'll continue to pass it on funny thing is tho i requested to be his freind on FB and although he has not confirmed (yet) i keep getting random posts hes made....i thought you could only get that when you were 'friends'
can anyone explain ???

Brillaint idea..famous D who twitter might come on board...i have found dom littlewood but he hasnt tweeted for ages ....put it on the list Sacred Heart!!

I'm now following him - if he suddenly starts getting lots of followers on Twitter it might be another way he takes notice, so get following tweeters!

I had an idea, not sure if anyone's already thought of it. Does anyone have contacts with a University film and media/television department? Perhaps we could get some students to do a short video re-enacting some scenarios in pub/fast food place to dramatise the possibilities in a visual way? Then we could put it on Youtube and maybe reach a wider public.

Or, a photo story - perhaps Becky you and could get your actor friends could get together and take stills of a story? Pictures would help keep the Facebook group 'busy' and people always like to see some visual element in FB.🙂

What about Steve Redgrave? Is he on Twitter? As a diabetic (type 2 I think) I expect he might be interested also.

NiVZ

P.S Like the new group name, although is it bad I think it sounds like a DIabetic voDKA? 😉

Halle Berry, Liz Taylor, Sharon Stone, Jimmy Tarbuck, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Steve Redgrave and Vanessa Williams, Ann Rice

Musicians

Ray Anderson, jazz trombonist

Carol Channing, Tony Award-winning singer/actress in ?Hello Dolly?

Mark Collie, contemporary country star

David Crosby, member of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Phife Dawg, rapper, (?A Tribe Called Quest?)

Mick Fleetwood, singer in rock band Fleetwood Mac

Aretha Franklin, The Queen of Soul

Shirley Horn, Grammy-winning jazz singer

Marvin Isley, singer, The Isley Brothers

Waylon Jennings, country singer

Nick Jonas, lead singer, the Jonas Brothers

B.B. King, rhythm and blues star

Patti LaBelle, pop singer

Tommy Lee, of heavy metal band Motley Crue

Meat Loaf, singer

Bret Michaels, lead singer of the rock group Poison

The Pump Girls

Jessica Stone, actress and singer

Elliott Yamin, singer

Andrew Lloyd Webber, Broadway composer

Neil Young, rock singer and guitarist

Norman Whitfield, Grammy-winning R&B producer and songwriter

although most of these are probably American

Northerner, I know folks in a Uni drama/film department...AND one of the filmmakers' children are both T1 -- Adrienne, it's the Doubles.

I need all the ducks in a row before going to them... Becky or someone, can you send me an actual list of links (website, facebook, twitter address etc, with the blurb) -- if you think it's a good idea, I can then email it all through to a) head of arts b) head of drama and film and c) the good friend I have in Drama and d) Olly Double (filmmaker/stand up comedian).

The students are very active, and it's possibly a good time of year to get them doing a project outside of their usual performance projects...

You may want to wait though until we have a proper publicity plan: eg what kind of film do we want, how long? For what purposes?

Anyway, I'm here and more than happy to do what I can!

xxoo

Northerner, I know folks in a Uni drama/film department...AND one of the filmmakers' children are both T1 -- Adrienne, it's the Doubles.

I need all the ducks in a row before going to them... ...xxoo

I'd certainly agree with that Patricia, don't want to run before we can walk! But some excellent contacts by the sounds of it!🙂

I'd certainly agree with that Patricia, don't want to run before we can walk! But some excellent contacts by the sounds of it!🙂
i have put up the help needed thread now ...so we can get a team on board to plan out how/what/where and when
thank you everyone x xxx

Hi all, am just about to be on hols for a week, but wanna get involved in helping with this great campaign 🙂

I can use all my circle d contacts in anyway you need...just let me know what I can do, I sent an email to didka too to register my interest in helping...I know people with diabetes all over the uk and I'm sure some will be willing to help...just keep me updated...

woohoo 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back