DiDkA Diet drinks awareness campaign LOGO UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
try again ..... not liking wiggle now ....

Last edited:
hahahahahaaaa!!! need to centre the wiggle ....

Last edited:
Ah, got it.

Hope am64 doesn't mind - here's one I tried in MS Word.

NiVZ

Last edited:
try again ..... not liking wiggle now ....

Hoi there,
still not very clear what its about, still looking as though it might have something to do with Rugby with those two posts and the cross bar. Its a choppy drink as well, you could almost go surfing on those waves !

My two pennorth ...
1. A proper glass of liquid on it, there should be plenty free cartoon/clipart images
2. The full name underneath "Diet Drinks Awareness" as well as the website address.
2. If you don't want the full name, perhaps a slogan "Diet means Diet " or some such.

hehee loving the debate but gotta go out now for short while back later NiVZ i get where you comming from xxxx🙂 but its getting very busy xxx

I personally think the last one has the right shape. However, I'm concerned about putting the 'diet' in there, and about having the web address on it.

This is going to be used on letterhead, which will have the web address on it anyway, which I feel is a bit superfluous. Also, if it's going to be used online to link to the site, clicking it would take you there anyway. If we're going to use it on pin badges, etc, which I think will happen soon (in my mind at least) anyway, then definitely it needs to be there! 🙂

Re: the 'diet' and people not knowing what DiDkA is:

I think we're hoping to build a form of 'brand identity', so that that symbol becomes synonymous with what DiDkA is, and that the symbol will MAKE people ask questions if they don't know. I worry that putting the 'diet' there will make the whole thing too 'busy', and not give enough white space. I think I've mentioned this before, but the actual 'text on a symbol' thing is not something I'm a big fan of, because I think the shape itself should be strong enough to speak for itself, especially if we're launching it along with the site, and a massive evidence gathering campagn.

So in my mind, the best combination would be the shape and spacing of Am's last posted one, but without the diet, and the web address just saying 'DiDkA'.

This isn't meaning to offend anyone, and I REALLY hope no-one takes it that way. Everyone's opinions are just as valid, and I just thought I'd pop mine in! 🙂

I personally think the last one has the right shape. However, I'm concerned about putting the 'diet' in there, and about having the web address on it.

This is going to be used on letterhead, which will have the web address on it anyway, which I feel is a bit superfluous. Also, if it's going to be used online to link to the site, clicking it would take you there anyway. If we're going to use it on pin badges, etc, which I think will happen soon (in my mind at least) anyway, then definitely it needs to be there! 🙂

Re: the 'diet' and people not knowing what DiDkA is:

I think we're hoping to build a form of 'brand identity', so that that symbol becomes synonymous with what DiDkA is, and that the symbol will MAKE people ask questions if they don't know. I worry that putting the 'diet' there will make the whole thing too 'busy', and not give enough white space. I think I've mentioned this before, but the actual 'text on a symbol' thing is not something I'm a big fan of, because I think the shape itself should be strong enough to speak for itself, especially if we're launching it along with the site, and a massive evidence gathering campagn.

So in my mind, the best combination would be the shape and spacing of Am's last posted one, but without the diet, and the web address just saying 'DiDkA'.

This isn't meaning to offend anyone, and I REALLY hope no-one takes it that way. Everyone's opinions are just as valid, and I just thought I'd pop mine in! 🙂

Hello,

No offence taken, and I completely agree. Many companies add or remove the text components in their logos depending what it's used for.

If it's for Letterheads, I think it makes sense to drop the 'Diet' but as you've said it would be useful on T-Shirts and Pin Badges as it makes a bolder statement.

Am64 - If you want a hand in MS Word, let me know. I'm pretty good with it - especially with templates (.dot) for letterheads.

NiVZ

what i'll Do NiVZ is put the basic ideas together and then if you could re do in word it would save me time ....Thanks

am64 - sounds good.

Do you guys want to email or PM me all the info you want in the header as well (eg email, web, tel no, etc) and any font preference and I could make the whole Letterhead in Word as a template ready to use?

NiVZ

cool becks im happy with that
nivz ....am working on logo

The only logo I ever designed was the circle d one, the didka one looks eye catching so gets a thumbs up from me :0)

Becky am still waiting on my to do list missy 🙂

Got excited at the thought of DIDKA tshirts heheh, loved it when we got the circle d ones hehehehe :0) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back