DiDkA Diet drinks awareness campaign LOGO UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
still busy behind the scenes ...well we were offered the assistance of a group of volunteer graphic artists with our logo But ....its slow going and we need to get moving so my ideas

we've gone for blue being Diabetes 'Colour' and after taking note of the recent thread about site colours,... but open to suggestions
The logo is based on the half full glass \~/ symbol and the idea is that it can be used eventually as the DiDkA pledge sign when a company signs up and supports the didka pledge to be responsible retailers of diet drinks, but instead of a ? it will be a blue Tick . but cant find a tick on my keyboard ...help anyone?
Comments/suggestions very welcome...but quickly as its going out on letterhead to Richard Lane tomorrow xx😉

Last edited:
Look at fonts like wingdings etc.

There may be a character map you can look at.

like this ?? or could move wggly line up the glass

Last edited:
ummmm more like this ??

Last edited:
If you go to the insert drop down menu and select symbol you can then select Wingdings font and you will find a tick in there.

Argh, this is hard work, isn't it?! I feel for you Am, how do you put up with me?! Because that looks great, but the actual shape of the wiggly was more defined on the one before.....hmmm.

well i can thicken it up
thanks PhilT I will try it out !!! xx

Wingdings is a font, like Times New Roman, and if you click on add symbol, and pick wingdings as your source font, it'll show you what's available from that font 🙂

wheres add symbol ??? im usuing an ancient photoimpression ??

I love it!
I think it looks great. I'm still working on my bit =) x

Hello,

I know this is maybe going backwards a bit (and I'm fully prepared to take the abuse for this), BUT I feel it's lost something by removing the word 'DIET'.

Now, before I get lots of abuse, my reasoning is a picture of a glass with the word 'DIET' and a question mark is easily understood as meaning 'is this diet?'. not everyone would be aware of what DidKa stands for.

This is just a suggestion, but I liked some of the earlier logos with the word 'DIET' incorporated, and perhaps you could merge the two by adding the web address you guys have setup underneath it.

eg

\~/
DIET?
www.didka.co.uk

Feel free to ignore me tho.

NiVZ

You should be able to access the character map on your computer.

On a PC its start > all programs > accessories > system tools

you can select the font there and pick the character you want. You should be able to copy it from there to the graphic you are creating - but you need to select the same font there for it to display properly.

Hello,

I know this is maybe going backwards a bit (and I'm fully prepared to take the abuse for this), BUT I feel it's lost something by removing the word 'DIET'.

Now, before I get lots of abuse, my reasoning is a picture of a glass with the word 'DIET' and a question mark is easily understood as meaning 'is this diet?'. not everyone would be aware of what DidKa stands for.

This is just a suggestion, but I liked some of the earlier logos with the word 'DIET' incorporated, and perhaps you could merge the two by adding the web address you guys have setup underneath it.

eg

\~/
DIET?
www.didka.co.uk

NiVZ

ok good idea i@ll have a go....🙂 NiVZ ps sacred heart wants to contact you xx

Hello,

eg

\~/
DIET?
www.didka.co.uk

NiVZ

Although I really like the logo - I agree with Nivz, as it is at the moment people who were not already in the know would not be able to tell what the logo represents.

Feel free to ignore me too though - I am not a graphic designer by a long way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back