DiaBox not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Benny G thank you I really appreciate it the info 🙂 I got a feeling from the guide and xdrip FB group that it's not quite smooth sailing but anything that will help improve accuracy of the readings I'm all for trying!

Hi all, just to let you know since I applied a new sensor Diabox now working OK. I think for me trying to use Diabox sometime after sensor started didn't work.
Anyway, touch wood all OK!!

You can use both Librelink and xDrip with the same sensor. Below I show a side by side comparison.

Calibration makes the difference.

The xdrip has been calibrated to match finger prick results while my glucose was steady at 5 mmol. You can see the Librelink is showing readings 1 mmol lower than xdrip. This shows as bouncing hypos in Librelink, while xdrip shows a single low at 05:30

xdrip librelink sidebyside 2.png

@Benny G sorry another question. Does the xdrip+ app allow for looking back at previous days ? I saw you mentioned you have 5 years worth of data saved on your phone. Is it necessary to have an additional cloud based application eg nightscout to able to view historic logs? I'm not fussed about viewing reports like libre has, just being able to look back at certain days.

@Benny G sorry another question. Does the xdrip+ app allow for looking back at previous days ? I saw you mentioned you have 5 years worth of data saved on your phone. Is it necessary to have an additional cloud based application eg nightscout to able to view historic logs? I'm not fussed about viewing reports like libre has, just being able to look back at certain days.
Hi, yes, you can look back at the data from previous days; no, you don't need nightscout

Hi, yes, you can look back at the data from previous days; no, you don't need nightscout
Oh happy days. The free set up of night scout seemed like a bit of a headache. I guess libre will still be giving me an overview with the handful of NFC scans I'll still be doing. Just won't be quite as accurate as xdrip with the calibrations.

Oh happy days. The free set up of night scout seemed like a bit of a headache. I guess libre will still be giving me an overview with the handful of NFC scans I'll still be doing. Just won't be quite as accurate as xdrip with the calibrations.
As you previously stated, it might not be plain sailing. The calibrations may take a bit of practice. Check Librelink and finger prick for comparisons.
If xdrip does not meet your expectations/requirements there are alternatives, but Librelink is the fallback.

(Once you start using xDrip as a CGM you will forget to scan with Librelink - unless you make a point of doing so. I store all my notes (for NHS) in Librelink, and scan before adding a note.)

Last edited:
You can use both Librelink and xDrip with the same sensor. Below I show a side by side comparison.

Calibration makes the difference.

The xdrip has been calibrated to match finger prick results while my glucose was steady at 5 mmol. You can see the Librelink is showing readings 1 mmol lower than xdrip. This shows as bouncing hypos in Librelink, while xdrip shows a single low at 05:30

View attachment 21009
Going to give this a go when I put my new sensor on.

I have diabox on my samsung s20 taking readings every 5 mins from my libre2 sensor and passing it on to my forerunner smartwatch. I've searched a lot on google for a smartwatch that can run diabox or similar to take the bluetooth readings directly from the libre2 sensor *without* needing a smartphone inbetween. Unless it's used with a bubble or similar, it seems this is just not possible. Any thoughts?

Yes, bubble or similar.

I use a blucon that allows my watch to collect CGM data (from Libre 1) without using a phone. Xdrip on my watch.

There are limited options to connect directly to a watch.

It's surprising that there isn't a smart watch solution for connecting to libre2. Even Abbott are missing an opportunity there. I now have a wearOS watch. I've loaded both xdrip and diabox to it, but neither can collect libre2 Bluetooth data without a phone.

Even Abbott are missing an opportunity there.
I presume Libre 3 is their answer for a CGM and they've no intention of going through the necessary regulatory process for Libre 2.

Though it is being sold to people who haven't got diabetes but (for questionable reasons, in my opinion) want a CGM, which confirms it could act as a CGM if they wanted it to. https://www.veri.co/shop-uk

I currently use Diabox and the wearable widget app to display continuous bg on my watch.

It's surprising that there isn't a smart watch solution for connecting to libre2. Even Abbott are missing an opportunity there. I now have a wearOS watch. I've loaded both xdrip and diabox to it, but neither can collect libre2 Bluetooth data without a phone.
It's not a huge suprise, smartwatches are very niche, smartphones are ubiquitous. And Abbott don't want 'anyone else' to play with their toys or data, putting some effort into making things difficult for the modders.

And if you really need a smartwatch to act as collector there is still the Libre 1 route.

I like that watch face , is it a generic one that I could download to my watch ?
Martin
It's the basic one that comes with G-Watch App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back