DiaBox not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the battery in the Libre 2 last 14 days with constant BLE connection?
Yes.
I don't use Diabox but xDrip is similar in that it polls the Libre sensor every 5 minutes for readings.
I have no problems with Libre 2 battery and I often insert it 2 or 3 days before activating. In fact, xDrip gets 14.5 days out of a sensor. Diabox may the same.

Last edited:
When used with the official Libre 2 app or reader, the bluetooth data is read every 5 minutes. The data is read but not displayed on the reader, a warning sound plays for too high or too low, and loss of signal.
So yes the battery will last 2 weeks.
What I meant was, I was using the Diabox app to read data via Bluetooth directly from the Libre Sensor
without a Bubble, but it stopped sending data after 4 days, but would still NFC scan

Sorry didn't see Reply from @helli

I do have a Bubble too but thats disconnects from the App occasionally.
This has been the case on 3 different phones running Android 11 and 12

I do still scan the sensor with Libre App for the Hospital, as it is a connected service for Diabetic Clinic
But I do not use the Libre Alarms

Last edited:
Hi, I've only just stumbled into this Tech forum; I don't pump so thought this wasn't for me!

I've been using Diabox since c.June 2021 on my Android phone. It's been a complete game changer for me.
Back in June there seemed to be a few reliability issues, but these settled down in August and since Dec its been superb. I continue to be surprised by what it does and I find more as I delve further into it. I can't imagine now how I would manage without Diabox.

My diabox is linked to my Samsung Galaxy 3 and that is OK, but not brilliant. I appreciate having the basic display on my wrist and no longer walking around with my phone in my hand. But for example, when Diabox is displaying a rate of change such as .3 mmol/L, my watch frequently displays a much greater rate, perhaps 1.5 or greater. I can't understand how that could be, since I assumed the watch was merely relaying info from my phone rather than doing some sort of 'interpretation'. Does anyone else experience this?

I set up my watch using the G-Watch app and I find the settings options very confusing; you need a good understanding of the jargon and I don't have that. Is there any other way of setting up my watch or a instruction guide? I don't find it very intuitive, too many similar (but different) options.

Hi, I've only just stumbled into this Tech forum; I don't pump so thought this wasn't for me!

I've been using Diabox since c.June 2021 on my Android phone. It's been a complete game changer for me.
Back in June there seemed to be a few reliability issues, but these settled down in August and since Dec its been superb. I continue to be surprised by what it does and I find more as I delve further into it. I can't imagine now how I would manage without Diabox.

My diabox is linked to my Samsung Galaxy 3 and that is OK, but not brilliant. I appreciate having the basic display on my wrist and no longer walking around with my phone in my hand. But for example, when Diabox is displaying a rate of change such as .3 mmol/L, my watch frequently displays a much greater rate, perhaps 1.5 or greater. I can't understand how that could be, since I assumed the watch was merely relaying info from my phone rather than doing some sort of 'interpretation'. Does anyone else experience this?

I set up my watch using the G-Watch app and I find the settings options very confusing; you need a good understanding of the jargon and I don't have that. Is there any other way of setting up my watch or a instruction guide? I don't find it very intuitive, too many similar (but different) options.
Are you using a Bubble over the sensor?
I find my watch matches the app reading,
I am currently using Samding Active.

Are you using a Bubble over the sensor?
I find my watch matches the app reading,
I am currently using Samding Active.
No bubble; I have a mini bubble but stopped using it once I realised Diabox used Libre 2 directly and didn't need the bubble.

I'm just trying the Naked Libre 2 now, to see how it goes after a re install of the App etc....so far so good

I'm trying to do the same but with an Android phone and a garmin watch. I'm having trouble connecting my Libre2 to Diabox though. I've followed these instructions, but the list that comes up when I click "Add CGM" or "Add bubble" (the one with options NFC for Libre1, Libre2 EU BLE Direct, etc.) is unresponsive. I can scan the Libre2 sensor and get an NFC reading in the Diabox app, but no luck with a Bluetooth reading. Those of you that are using an Android phone, have you encountered this problem?

I'm trying to do the same but with an Android phone and a garmin watch. I'm having trouble connecting my Libre2 to Diabox though. I've followed these instructions, but the list that comes up when I click "Add CGM" or "Add bubble" (the one with options NFC for Libre1, Libre2 EU BLE Direct, etc.) is unresponsive. I can scan the Libre2 sensor and get an NFC reading in the Diabox app, but no luck with a Bluetooth reading. Those of you that are using an Android phone, have you encountered this problem?
You select Libre 2 EU BLE, then scan with nfc it should then show as device in middle box.Screenshot_20220203-114533_DiaBox.jpg

Thanks for this - it seems to be working now. I have Android 11, but after I made the following two changes I was able to choose the Libre2 option:
  1. Re-downloaded the app, like you suggested. It looks slightly different now so I suspect that I had a slightly out of date version.
  2. Changed the permission settings. At first, I was running into the same issue as before after the re-download, but once I changed the location permission from "When using the app" to "Always" then it finally worked. Quite uncomfortable with the amount of permissions required, but there didn't seem to be a way to get around that here ‍♀️
Thanks for your help!

Quite uncomfortable with the amount of permissions required, but there didn't seem to be a way to get around that here
I seem to remember use of Bluetooth requires location permission, so it's probably just about that (not that the application really cares where you are).

Thanks for this - it seems to be working now. I have Android 11, but after I made the following two changes I was able to choose the Libre2 option:
  1. Re-downloaded the app, like you suggested. It looks slightly different now so I suspect that I had a slightly out of date version.
  2. Changed the permission settings. At first, I was running into the same issue as before after the re-download, but once I changed the location permission from "When using the app" to "Always" then it finally worked. Quite uncomfortable with the amount of permissions required, but there didn't seem to be a way to get around that here ‍♀️
Thanks for your help!
Hi,
It does require a lot as Bruce said
Also make sure Battery optimisations are set to None.
As you will find out, it's worth the effort

Good luck

You can do it with xdrip Android but not sure on a Apple watch I know a Samsung Gear will work as I did the video to set it up on a Tickwatc Pro which is the same way as on a Galaxy 4 watch!

Last edited:
Iv'e been using Diabox on my Android phone for the past week, I must say it is excellent.
Hi,
I'm continually losing connection and is making diabox useless.
I've tried disabling location and notifications on libre app.

Hi,
I'm continually losing connection and is making diabox useless.
I've tried disabling location and notifications on libre app.
Hi @Brava210 I've downloaded different versions of DiaBox and I keep having connection issues and have tried everything I can think of in settings in my phone and the app.
You don't appear to have any problems so can you help please?

Hi @Brava210 I've downloaded different versions of DiaBox and I keep having connection issues and have tried everything I can think of in settings in my phone and the app.
You don't appear to have any problems so can you help please?
I can advise, I use a Samsung S20FE, I don't have any connection issues unless I leave the phone elsewhere obviously.
It always reconnects when I come back into range.
Which Phone/watch are you using?

Gary

I do also use 2 different watches.
Galaxy Active
Galaxy 4
I sometimes need to force stop the G Watch wear app, as they get confused.
Apart from that, all works very well for what is essentially a free to use system

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back