DiaBox not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I used libre 2 and DiaBox to send BG to my Apple Watch. It all stopped working about a month ago and I am really missing having a cgm. Does anyone know how to get this working again or have any alternative apps that may work?

I don’t know what other apps work with connecting Libre 2 readings to an Apple watch but do you use the LibreLink app with your phone? (If you have a compatible phone)

I don’t know what other apps work with connecting Libre 2 readings to an Apple watch but do you use the LibreLink app with your phone? (If you have a compatible phone)
Yes I use my phone, but really found a huge benefit in DiaBox updating my BG every couple of minutes and being able to see it on my watch. I get libre 2 on prescription but may talk to my drs to see if I can get a different sensor that gives continuous readings.

Do you know why it stopped working?

Do you know why it stopped working?
Think the app is no longer working, think Libre was not happy about people being able to use it (in my opinion) to improve its device, so perhaps had it removed. It was a beta app which you had to download via TestFlight but I can not find the code for it and it says it has expired??? I am not techie enough to really understand it all.

Think the app is no longer working, think Libre was not happy about people being able to use it (in my opinion) to improve its device, so perhaps had it removed. It was a beta app which you had to download via TestFlight but I can not find the code for it and it says it has expired??? I am not techie enough to really understand it all.
Are you sure your Apple watch doesn’t need to be updated? That could be the issue

Diabox for IOS is now only available as a side load. If you enjoy tinkering with your tech, you can see what's involved below:

Awww that’s such a shame, seems way too advanced for me and seems that nfc doesn’t work and no link to Apple Watch and needs to be redone every 7 days! Gutted as really been struggling as got used to having cgm on my watch. Thanks for the info though, been searching for ages to try to find out how to get it working again but looks like I will just have to go back to flash readings.

There will be alternatives to DiaBox on IOS.
I use android with Xdrip for CGM on my watch, it still takes a bit of work, but Apple and IOS likes to run a tight ship.

If you are using Libre 2 you should be able to use Xdrip4ios to allow CGM and to display on your apple watch

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have helped me, I have been going round in circles for weeks now. X

They certainly don’t! I have just installed it, it was fairly easy to find an invite but getting it to actually work is my current challenge - I will persevere, thank you so much for your help!

Iv'e been using Diabox on my Android phone for the past week, I must say it is excellent.

I found downloading from here easier

It's customisable too, to give various graphs, alarms on the watch face.

You Need Diabox App or similar, and a compatible watch...Samsung Gear (Not 4), Watlaa watch

Watch2A.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Watlaa is the Miaomiao watch. I am still using SW3 with Blucon and xDrip, good enough for use as a standalone collector with Libre 1. For Libre 2 I can ditch the Blucon and connect directly to xDrip on my phone. The SW3 then works as a repeater.

Lots of options.
I was just giving examples really, it's advertised as working with Diabox too.

I think Watlaa is the Miaomiao watch. I am still using SW3 with Blucon and xDrip, good enough for use as a standalone collector with Libre 1. For Libre 2 I can ditch the Blucon and connect directly to xDrip on my phone. The SW3 then works as a repeater.

Lots of options.
Will the battery in the Libre 2 last 14 days with constant BLE connection?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back