Diabetes patients survey 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just filled it in. To be honest it makes little difference to my life except I have to remember to bolus - ensure I have enough insulin, change my pump etc etc, but in all ways that matter I still have a great life and just get on with it.

@Pattidevans - Hah! You would assume that by now, I'd usually remember to bolus. Unfortunately, I was just finishing off a fruit scone with butter and jam about 20 minutes ago, when I thought Oh 'fiddle' - I'd neither tested my BG nor bolused for it. Freehand (ie no test) bolus of 2.5u just given - no test since with Libre reading of 12.3, assuming BG is near enough similar, no way would the bolus calculator on the meter tell me the actual correct amount for the 35g ish carbs, which would be nearer 3u at this time of day.

@Pattidevans - Hah! You would assume that by now, I'd usually remember to bolus. Unfortunately, I was just finishing off a fruit scone with butter and jam about 20 minutes ago, when I thought Oh 'fiddle' - I'd neither tested my BG nor bolused for it. Freehand (ie no test) bolus of 2.5u just given - no test since with Libre reading of 12.3, assuming BG is near enough similar, no way would the bolus calculator on the meter tell me the actual correct amount for the 35g ish carbs, which would be nearer 3u at this time of day.
Honestly. Doesn’t matter how long you’ve had it, we can still all forget from time to time. When we have guests for a meal I often find myself half way through the first course before I recall I haven’t bolussed. The old Combo pump had an option to say you were bolussing after eating and calculating accordingly. I don’t think the Omnipod has that option, or at least if it does I haven’t found it and asking their operative on the phone when I was ordering supplies only left me hanging on for 45 minutes before I thought he’d forgotten me and I hung up.

I've just filled it in. To be honest it makes little difference to my life except I have to remember to bolus - ensure I have enough insulin, change my pump etc etc, but in all ways that matter I still have a great life and just get on with it.
Thank you Patti for finishing the survey, I am pleased you feel you have a great life as I know this will be because you have worked hard with your diabetes management and it sounds like you have a great positive mental attitude.
Thankyou for sharing with us Patti. Kind regards, Fiona McPherson

My name is Fiona, I am currently doing a PhD at Teesside University.
My thesis is based around the physical, psychological and social aspects of Diabetes. These aspects can follow an individual through their diabetic journey and can affect self management .

Therefore I would like you, in the survey to tell me about your lived experience of diabetes. The survey was launched November 2021 but is still running until November 2022.So don't worry it is still a valid survey. I have already had the pleasure of meeting some of you before and I would really appreciate your support a second time. I have uploaded the survey within the advertisement (shown below) and if you follow the live link it will provide you with all the information you need, then you just have to scroll down to start the Diabetes 2021- 2022 survey.

We are looking for 100 volunteers and we would really appreciate your support to enable us to reach our goal. Teesside University is ground breaking in its research and we would like you to be part of our journey. so please try our online survey by opening the attachment and clicking the link. Thank you so much for your support.

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/phd-mcpherson

This study has been approved by @joshDUK

Attachments

My thesis is based around the physical, psychological and social aspects of Diabetes. These aspects can follow an individual through their diabetic journey and can affect self management .

Therefore I would like you, in the survey to tell me about your lived experience of diabetes. The survey was launched November 2021 but is still running until November 2022.So don't worry it is still a valid survey. I have already had the pleasure of meeting some of you before and I would really appreciate your support a second time. I have uploaded the survey within the advertisement (shown below) and if you follow the live link it will provide you with all the information you need, then you just have to scroll down to start the Diabetes 2021- 2022 survey.

We are looking for 100 volunteers and we would really appreciate your support to enable us to reach our goal. Teesside University is ground breaking in its research and we would like you to be part of our journey. so please try our online survey by opening the attachment and clicking the link. Thank you so much for your support.

Attachments​

Attachments

What is bolus please?

Attachments​

Survey done. 🙂

Hello Thankyou for everyone that has taken part in the diabetes survey 2021-22 I have had 60 response and I am looking for 100 so anymore volunteers would be greatly appreciated Thank you. Fiona McPherson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back