Diabetes patients survey 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPherson

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hello again
My name is Fiona, I am currently doing a PhD at Teesside University.
My thesis is based around the physical, psychological and social aspects of Diabetes. These aspects can follow an individual through their diabetic journey and can affect self management .Therefore I would like you, in a survey to tell me about your lived experience of diabetes.

I am looking for some lovely volunteers to take part in my survey. I have already had the pleasure of meeting some of you before and I would really appreciate your support a second time. I have uploaded the survey within the advertisement (shown below) and if you follow the live link it will provide you with all the information you need, then you just have to scroll down to start the Diabetes 2022 survey.

https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/phd-mcpherson

Many Thanks again for your continued support.

This study has been approved by @joshDUK

Attachments​

Attachments

This survey was launched November 21 and is still current and ongoing for 2022.We are looking for 100 volunteers and we would really appreciate your support to enable us to reach our goal. Teesside University is ground breaking in its research and we would like you to be part of our journey. so please try our online survey by opening the attachment and clicking the link. Thank you so much for your support.

Fiona McPherson

Attachments

I have done this survey but a few questions the answer had to be 'no opinion' as the question was not applicable but you had to give an answer.
In some instances things have been more affected by the pandemic rather than the diabetes diagnosis.

I have done this survey but a few questions the answer had to be 'no opinion' as the question was not applicable but you had to give an answer.
In some instances things have been more affected by the pandemic rather than the diabetes diagnosis.
Thankyou and good point, its interesting that you have highlighted this but your very right the pandemic has affected many things.I will look at this when reading the data. Kind regards Fiona McPherson

Just completed the survey.

Done

Just completed the survey.
Wow Gwynn, You have done so well that's brilliant. You must feel great. I think a lot of people have felt the same as yourself there are so many things to be frightened about and as you get older you get braver I think .Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I am so pleased for you keep it up and enjoy every moment take care
Kind regards and thank you so much for taking part in the Teesside survey.
Kind regards Fiona McPherson

Well I've done that. You can't compare what I was offered 50 years ago with what's available to the newly diagnosed today though, can you! Come on - we only had medical textbooks that were written in medicalese so lots of terminology persons with only GCE science education couldn't understand, not ordinary English, and the Broadsheet version of Balance a few times a year didn't cover normal day to day things.
Hello so sorry for the time delay thankyou so much for taking part in the Teesside survey, people like you make a big difference. Reading your comments its sad to think what people went through I think the way we treated diabetes was so clinical and not patient friendly. You sound like you have done so well living with diabetes for fifty years, well done and take care lovely to hear from you and thank you again for supporting Teesside.

Hello again
My thesis is based around the physical, psychological and social aspects of Diabetes. These aspects can follow an individual through their diabetic journey and can affect self management .Therefore I would like you, in a survey to tell me about your lived experience of diabetes.

I am looking for some lovely volunteers to take part in my survey. I have already had the pleasure of meeting some of you before and I would really appreciate your support a second time. I have uploaded the survey within the advertisement (shown below) and if you follow the live link it will provide you with all the information you need, then you just have to scroll down to start the Diabetes 2022 survey.

This survey was launched November 21 and is still current and ongoing for 2022.We are looking for 100 volunteers and we would really appreciate your support to enable us to reach our goal. Teesside University is ground breaking in its research and we would like you to be part of our journey. so please try our online survey by opening the attachment and clicking the link. Thank you so much for your support.

Attachments

Hello

Attachments

Scroll it down as much as I can, but it still says it's the 2021 survey.

Did it but some of your questions are flawed. For example you’ve grouped together into the same question how often you change your needle/lancet. Most of us would change our needle every injection, and our lancet a couple of times a year, which couldn’t be reflected in the answer.

Did it but some of your questions are flawed. For example you’ve grouped together into the same question how often you change your needle/lancet. Most of us would change our needle every injection, and our lancet a couple of times a year, which couldn’t be reflected in the answer

.Thank you so much for your feedback, that's exactly what I wanted to hear about. The reason why the question was formed was because in previous interviews there was evidence that changing needles after each use was not always the case and there was lots of reasons for this. However in the questions there should of been options for personal feedback so that's a valid point thankyou.
Fiona McPherson

Scroll it down as much as I can, but it still says it's the 2021 survey.
Thankyou for your feedback, This was a problem, The survey actually is 2021-2022 and this is explained in the comments, but I can see how this is confusing to the reader. Unfortunately we can not change the original starting date for all sorts of reasons but yes We appreciate your concerns Thank you again for highlighting this and yes please use the survey every volunteer that takes part is making a difference ,thankyou for your time and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back