Diabetes and pancreatic isdues

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Hi Sarah,
Sounds like you are having a rough ride. I have type 3c with hereditary pancreatitis. I have no gall bladder either. I have been on creon for a long time but before that I was on Pancrex and Nutrizym. Do they still offer this kind of PERT still I wonder? I hope you manage to get some answers and respite soon.
i I still have my gall bladder but they are saying it’s too risky to operate due to the position of my bypass and cardiac issues plus they can’t find a pain relief to prescribe as well. I believe only creon is available on the NHS now or least that’s what my old dr told me.

H

i I still have my gall bladder but they are saying it’s too risky to operate due to the position of my bypass and cardiac issues plus they can’t find a pain relief to prescribe as well. I believe only creon is available on the NHS now or least that’s what my old dr told me.
Someone kindly pointed me in the direction of Micrazym found on Amazon and I used this until I could be prescribed Creon. It worked very well until I managed to get the creon (long story)

Someone kindly pointed me in the direction of Micrazym found on Amazon and I used this until I could be prescribed Creon. It worked very well until I managed to get the creon (long story)
Thank you, unfortunately after the news over last couple of weeks and allegations being made re my medical care I am not willing to try anything until I get the blood results at the end of this week. Hope the creon is working for you.

hi there i was in hospital nearly 3 months last winter with pneumonia, acute necrotizing pancreatitis , caught c-diff and water infections in hospital as well , i had a lot of anti biotics was vomiting like never before , was discharged but recently had a few drinks and symptoms came back a bit ,was already on metformin they added glicazade, creon etc , with b12 , thiamine etc , co codamol , very constipated too anyway went to see consultant at Manchester Royal because blood sugars were too high now waiting for tests this week camera down gullet and then new ct scan , hardly eating at all because food makes it worse , im sick to death of it all plus i already have anxiety/depression

The constipation is the worse they said i had some diverticultis/ployps on lactolouse for that but its not working very well , tbh i think im going to drop dead soon

hi there i was in hospital nearly 3 months last winter with pneumonia, acute necrotizing pancreatitis , caught c-diff and water infections in hospital as well , i had a lot of anti biotics was vomiting like never before , was discharged but recently had a few drinks and symptoms came back a bit ,was already on metformin they added glicazade, creon etc , with b12 , thiamine etc , co codamol , very constipated too anyway went to see consultant at Manchester Royal because blood sugars were too high now waiting for tests this week camera down gullet and then new ct scan , hardly eating at all because food makes it worse , im sick to death of it all plus i already have anxiety/depression
With respect, drinking any alcohol is the most dangerous and silliest thing you can possibly do, surely you were told this at the time. Co codamol will cause constipation.
Creon you have to find the right dose to suit your needs there's no set dose. I found if I had to much Creon I had the same side effects as not taking it.

With respect, drinking any alcohol is the most dangerous and silliest thing you can possibly do, surely you were told this at the time. Co codamol will cause constipation.
Creon you have to find the right dose to suit your needs there's no set dose. I found if I had to much Creon I had the same side effects as not taking it.
yeah they did say that but i found it helped the constipation maybe because it relaxed me , but i now have not been drinking too much, im not eating much at all at the moment so no need for the creon

Hi sorry your going through similar, unfortunately no alcohol and a low fat diet seem to be the only way to get some relief, I am not allowed any pain relief so can relate to the depression side of things. The cqc are now involved in my case.

yeah they did say that but i found it helped the constipation maybe because it relaxed me , but i now have not been drinking too much, im not eating much at all at the moment so no need for the creon
You shouldn’t be drinking at all with this illness.

You still need Creon even if only eating a little. Any drinking is too much, basically it will kill you. If the medics know you are drinking I'm surprised they are treating you as a pointless exercise.

You still need Creon even if only eating a little. Any drinking is too much, basically it will kill you. If the medics know you are drinking I'm surprised they are treating you as a pointless exercise.
Im afraid its not a simple as that , yes i have been very stupid but i was getting very stressed , everybody makes mistakes dont they , its not as if im a criminal is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back