DexcomOne+ or Freestyle Libra2plus (to self fund)

That's really good news. Great that they will fund it for
yes I’m obviously very pleased, but it was a bit of a fight after initially having had the application initially rejected

yes I’m obviously very pleased, but it was a bit of a fight after initially having had the application initially rejected
So it worth the fight. Do you mind me asking what the criteria were for getting funding? I'm not on any medication so that may count me out?

So it worth the fight. Do you mind me asking what the criteria were for getting funding? I'm not on any medication so that may count me out?
If you look under the post you will see that @goodybags is on a number of mediations including insulin which I suspect is the justification for the funding.

If you look under the post you will see that @goodybags is on a number of mediations including insulin which I suspect is the justification for the funding.
Yes that's what I'm presuming. Worth asking though as there might be other factors as well 🙂 Just curious.

evening @Foz556 TBH if your not on meds, I can’t see you qualifying
Im on insulin twice daily and have been for about 10 years, that’s on top of the usual tablets.

but I think what made the HCP’s change their mind was when I quite bluntly told my GP and the DSN on the same day,
the previous weekend I had had 3 night time hypos, inc on one occasion where I struggled to get enough blood out of my finger (previously just fingerpricck testing)
plus when my initial application was rejected I received a text from my GP confirming the refusal and within 30 minutes of that text, I had a rare daytime low OK it wasn’t low-low but think it was about 4.4 but below 5 and it’s 5 to drive, I pointed out to them that I’m testing 8-10 times a day (which before I was trialing CGM for myself I was) also to the email I sent I attached photos of my tester and screenshots showing the low’s

Now I’m not sure how long they will fund for, but will see
the DSN did suggest I might be eligible under a plan to get T2’s off insulin which is a 6 month funded scheme, I will know more when I have my actual face-face appointment with Diabetic consultant at the general

had they not come back with the offer to fund
having trialled CGM for myself over the last 6 weeks (aprox)
I have learnt so much - that I would’ve self funded to continue,
It’s good to see your trailing CGM for yourself @Foz556
make sure you get your VFM & take advantage of both trial offers

evening @Foz556 TBH if your not on meds, I can’t see you qualifying
Im on insulin twice daily and have been for about 10 years, that’s on top of the usual tablets.

but I think what made the HCP’s change their mind was when I quite bluntly told my GP and the DSN on the same day,
the previous weekend I had had 3 night time hypos, inc on one occasion where I struggled to get enough blood out of my finger (previously just fingerpricck testing)
plus when my initial application was rejected I received a text from my GP confirming the refusal and within 30 minutes of that text, I had a rare daytime low OK it wasn’t low-low but think it was about 4.4 but below 5 and it’s 5 to drive, I pointed out to them that I’m testing 8-10 times a day (which before I was trialing CGM for myself I was) also to the email I sent I attached photos of my tester and screenshots showing the low’s

Now I’m not sure how long they will fund for, but will see
the DSN did suggest I might be eligible under a plan to get T2’s off insulin which is a 6 month funded scheme, I will know more when I have my actual face-face appointment with Diabetic consultant at the general

had they not come back with the offer to fund
having trialled CGM for myself over the last 6 weeks (aprox)
I have learnt so much - that I would’ve self funded to continue,
It’s good to see your trailing CGM for yourself @Foz556
make sure you get your VFM & take advantage of both trial offers
Evening @goodybags thanks for your reply. I'm still trying to navigate the whole testing world. From your experiences I'm surprised they even hesitated to fund it for you. I know I'm pretty lucky that I can still (just about) control my levels through diet and exercise. So glad it came through for you 🙂 And thanks for the advice! Next free trial on its way!

Back